'07 Mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Brian, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Lol well that solves it.

2. :)) well said.........Nov 18th cant come soon enough. if i could choose 1 player to draft it would def be Calvin, but i want Teddy lol

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Who really knows what CJ runs in the 40? Some are spouting off #'s as if they are facts. I seriously doubt he runs a 4.3. He doesn't look that fast to me, but he looks to have everything else you'd want.

Some times I've read from sites I think are more believable say mid 4.5's.

Now if he does pull a Matt Jones, I'll be seriously impressed.

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Lol. There's no way he runs over a 4.5 man. 4.3 might be stretching it, but typically when someone says they run a 4.3, it means that they had one 40 time less than 4.4. That's not really true 4.3 speed. That's a true rarity. It's more like 4.4 speed, it just looks better to see a 4.39 up there than 4.40 even though there's virtually no difference.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

But who's doing the "saying" here? How can anyone know for sure he runs this or that?

NFLDRAFTSCOUT is one of the best sites out there. NFL.com even uses some of their info. They say 4.55 for CJ. Another in depth site said something like 4.57. Not saying those are facts for sure.

I just see some guys trying to hype a player by throwing out #'s that can't be taken as fact yet. So if his 4.33 turns into a 4.53, well some people will think this great player isn't so great anymore.

On the field performance is most important anyway. He doesn't look like a 4.3 guy to me. Reggie Bush, Ted Ginn, those look like 4.3 guys.

6. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

7. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Calvin may not look that fast on the field, but he is. Just like Vince, he is very tall and has a huge stride. Once step from Calvin may be equal to two RB or Ginn steps. Obviously with size, hands, and athletability like this, speed is really an extra benefit.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I know not to judge a long strider by how he looks. I've judged him while db's were close. He wasn't running away from these DB's like Ginn did.

But hey, Roby doesn't look 4.3 fast either.

9. 40 time doesnt mean anything, its all about gamespeed, does anyone remember that vince ran a 4.5 40 but yet in a game he can outrun everyone on the field (college) michael huff who ran a 4.3 somethin said that he cant even catch vince, and how he ran outside of freeney then went untouched for the td against the colts, its all gamespeed, now i dont think that cj is as fast as ginn or reggie bush but hes a lot faster than he looks, or than what his 40 time may say

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i would expect ginn to run the fastest 40 at the combine. two reasons; he's just that fast and he was an all state track guy in high school. he'll be able to get out of the blocks with relative ease, which is something a lot of guys struggle with. if you get a bad start out of the blocks you have a bad 40 time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar