2016 NFL Draft Prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, May 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Oh yeah, buddy! It's time to start looking at the 2016 NFL Draft! It's never too early.

NFL Draft - 2016 NFL Draft Prospects - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com
    2016 NFL Mock Draft - WalterFootball.com
    2016 NFL Mock Draft: Matt Miller's Early 1st-Round Predictions | Bleacher Report
    2016 NFL Mock Draft: Ohio State dominates first round - CBSSports.com

A few links if you don't know much about the 2016 prospects.

Initial thoughts, two elite offensive tackle prospects in Larmey Tunsil & Ronnie Stanley. Defensive line prospects Joey Bosa, Shawn Oakman, & Robert Nkemdiche. Myles Jack (OLB/RB/UCLA), Vernon Hargreaves III (CB/UF), Kendall Fuller (CB/VT), & Emmanual Ohbah (DE/OK ST) are some other names.

QB group is actually strong. Connor Cook (Mich St), Cody Kessler (USC), Dak Prescott (Miss St), Kevin Hogan (Stanford), Cardale Jones (Oh St), & Christian Hackenberg (Penn St) have 1st round potential, couple other guys in there to.

Obviously, ALOT can change over the course of the season.

Also, hopefully we're not drafting super high. Hoping we squeeze out 8-8, at worst. Young (new) team, so i'd be happy with 8-8. Really, I could see us drafting anywhere from #1-#25, haha.

#1 xpmar9x, May 4, 2015
    Last edited: May 4, 2015
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. xpmar9x

Right now, i'd say we'd be in the market for a Levitre replacement, could be guard or tackle, Poutassi can play either. We still need a #1 CB. Another dominant DE/NT would be lovely. If Griffin sucks again, he's gone. As always, pass rushers. ILB could be a need too, Woodyard was average last year, Williamson looked strong in a weak defense, and Brown is coming back from injury.

So, i'd say:
    LG, CB, DL - for sure
    ILB, FS - maybe

Would be great is one of our young CBs developed into something worthy.

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I'm betting we go Defense heavy. OLB, NT Cb will be priorities

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Raunchy4Ramsey

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  5. xpmar9x

I'd agree.

Would love Vernon Hargreaves III with our 1st, finally get the elite CB.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Must go heavy defense...

We've gone offense in the 1st five years in a row. Sadly that hasn't helped build a good offense.

We went so heavy on offense this year that we'll have no choice but to focus on the defense.

NT, DE, OLB, ILB, CB, S... We can use an upgrade at all of these positions. Lol

7. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

OL CB OLB S

I'd like a shutdown corner in the first

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. 24

24 Starter

Relatively strong draft (similar to 2011) compared to previous years, if all those guys declare.

9. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Our offense should be pretty well in place now and we need to focus on defense. I think one of our biggest weaknesses last year was stopping the run and getting off the field on 3rd downs, and it went largely unaddressed this year. That's my #1 concern heading into the season.

If we could get a good DE to play opposite Casey, a NT, and another OLB to groom that would be sweet. We may be ok at CB with JMac, Cox, and one of Huff, BWW, and Sensabaugh. I actually think Huff is my favorite of the 3. But I wouldn't mind drafting another mid-late round guy next year.

10. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Definitely going to keep my eyes on Scooby Wright III

163 tackles 29 for a loss and 14 sacks and 6 FF last year 6

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar