2020 Pass Rush Prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by steverife, Dec 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

No doubt scheme plays a huge factor...and what role you want him to play in our defense matters...I pretty much agree with you on Lynch...he looks soft and his combine numbers show he isn’t overly athletic. His balance is one thing that I’ve noticed...you think the OL has taken him out of the play and he will bend and stay on his feet and make the play.

those saying this is a poor DT draft are crazy....their is depth

2. J Falk

J Falk Starter

From what i saw of blacklock, he was a better overall player than Gallimore, maduibuike, and Davidson and it wasn't really close for me. Blacklock is super powerful and quick, and it shows on the field. His hands are powerful, he's always pushing back olineman right off the snap. I never see him get pushed back. And with his powerful hands he throws linemen off easily constantly winning 1v1s.

Gallimore is a 1 trick pony who will get murdered in the run game. Davidson is a weird prospect he played edge in college so really hard to get a feel for what he'll be like on the interior dline in the NFL..i wouldn't trust it though... Madubuike was just underwhelming to me, even though his combine numbers are crazy and he had good production..getting Madubuike or jordan elliot in the 2nd would make me happy.

Give me blacklock in the 1st and ill be happy too. Trade back a few spots, pick up an extra pick and then get blacklock or jordan elliot and id be estatic

AJ Epenesa is still my dream pick though. It just seems destined to happen.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Dont get the Epenesa love

Guy looks very stiff

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I'm with you on Epenesa....Fulton is the other guy I love

I'd rather not take a DT in the 1st, but if I have to take one then I want a guy that has more playmaking ability...we have our run stuffers in Jones and Simmons.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Best bull rush in college football. Consistently pushes offensive tackles back 5 yards when he decides to use it. 6'6 280 lbs with this stat line out of iowa. The perfect disruptor to have next to Simmons with landry and beasely on the outside especially given a proper nfl diet and workout plan. He's going to be a beast. Ill take him over blacklock, Gallimore, elliot, Maduibuike, any of those guys...

Screenshot_20200418-152401~2.png

#95 J Falk, Apr 18, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Just dont see it

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

He plays with good leverage and uses his hands very well...very instinctive and quick at diagnosing plays....I agree that he doesn't look like the most fluid athlete and that showed at the combine, but hard to discount his production...watch the Iowa/USC game and see him destroy Austin Jackson

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Epenesa is definitely stiff. And plays too high. And is slow off the ball. But he is super powerful. And a real nice fit at 3-4 DE, if he can put on about 10 lbs.

Everybody that we can get at 29 is going to be flawed.

I think he is the biggest immediate difference maker that we have a chance of getting.

9. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I can't imagine any scenario where we go EDGE over an interior defender for pass rush. Landry, Beasly and Correa are clearly the rotation at edge. Meanwhile we still have a massive hole at DE from Casey departing. Dude played 70-90% of snaps last year, and could you even imagine if Simmons got hurt? Zero interior pass rush. I was fairly sure we'd go CB first round, but if we don't have a plan in place to sign Clowny or someone else for the inside, I can't see us NOT taking an interior rusher round 1.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. J Falk

J Falk Starter

This ^^^

I would bet all my moolah, if JC didn't already take it, on this. AJ Epenesa or Ross Blacklock(maybe Jordan Elliot). 1 of these guys will be a Titan. Bank on it

#100 J Falk, Apr 18, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar