Pre-Game Thread AFC Divisional Round: Bengals @ Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 17, 2022.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Jan 22, 2022.
  1. Titans by 1-3

7.1%
  2. Titans by 4-6

16.1%
  3. Titans by 7-9

28.6%
  4. Titans by 10-13

19.6%
  5. Titans by 14+

19.6%
  6. Bengals by 1-3

3.6%
  7. Bengals by 4-6

1.8%
  8. Bengals by 7-9

3.6%
  9. Bengals by 10-13

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Bengals by 14+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Damn I love some Hurray bringing the numbers! I’m putting on a diaper no holds barred, he’s my backup! Careful when ya shoot in, might get a handle on something you weren’t expecting, much like the Bengals!

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Let’s not forget that Corey Davis had 0 catches for 0 yards on 2 targets in the playoffs last year. If Julio brings ANYTHING, he’s an upgrade.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Tricky

Tricky Starter

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

In watching several other Bengals games this week, one thing that I have noticed is that a bunch of the sacks that the Bengals have given up have been on secondary blitzes...I know that our main recipe for success is letting the front 4 get the pressure and having 7 in coverage, but I would like to see us throw some blitzes early at Burrow to make him uncomfortable and hopefully get him to start seeing ghosts when we fake pressure later

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

• Informative Informative x 5
  6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I’ve been seeing the Vrabel after a bye record flashed in a bunch of places as a note of his success.

A different note I just saw, bengals road playoff record all time? 0-7.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Skyline

Skyline Starter

Useless trivia knowledge champion, indeed :p

They've been a pretty good road team this year. The crowd noise does hurt Burrow's hard count, though, which is something he's very good at.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

But here's the thing about that, at what point do you start over? That 0-7 record was over 31 years ago lol.

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Simms and Florio made their picks:

Bengals (+3.5) at Titans

MDS’s take: The Titans are healthier right now than they were during the regular season, and I’m expecting them to play one of their best games and remind everyone that the road to the Super Bowl in the AFC goes through Tennessee.

MDS’s pick: Titans 27, Bengals 20.

Florio’s take: Derrick Henry makes a huge difference for a team that went 6-3 without him. The Cincinnati offense lacked the killer instinct on Saturday against the Raiders, allowing Las Vegas to hang around for far too long. While the Bengals may indeed be a Super Bowl contender in 2022, it feels like they’ve reached the end of the road. The Titans, in contrast, are just getting started.

Florio’s pick: Titans 24, Bengals 17.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar