AJ Brown traded to Eagles

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dman5TX, Apr 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Willis or Corral. I'll be thrilled if we do that.

2. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

The trade still doesn’t make sense to me, I get you risk letting Brown walk for nothing next year but our championship window is now and there isn’t a lot of time left. Henry might be starting to wear down, Tanny is developing early stages of noodle arm syndrome, and the Julio Jones experiment was a dud. You make this kind of business decision when your team is stuck in mediocrity. When your team was the #1 seed last year, you run it back and go all in even if it means having to blow the team up after winning a championship.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  3. lilgriffey84

lilgriffey84 Starter

This is a move that allows you to semi transition out of the tannehill window while having money to keep a majority of this defense in tact, guys like Simmons and hopefully not to far down the line of hooker,fulton,Farley, molden are gonna need to get paid. Spending 25 million on a guy who averages 66 ypg in his career in an offense that’s centered around Henry and defense is non sensical. In fact, aj made his bed when he refused to negotiate after Tennessee initial offer of 20 million a year. No better time to do this while Houston/Jacksonville still don’t have a clue allowing you to semi rebuild while staying in the division race

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

There’s No championship window with Tannehill at QB. Playoff window sounds more like it

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

We are transitioning from what to what. Not even Singletary knows what we are. The goal should have been to remove Tannehill and open up a Superbowl Window. Now we are moving from mediocrity into a window where we have to replace every skill position. It's backwards. Not a fan. We can't even delude ourselves anymore like last year.

#195 PhiSlammaJamma, Apr 29, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
  6. lilgriffey84

lilgriffey84 Starter

Then what do you do ? Pay aj 25 million for a guy who averages 66 yards a game in his career and the offense is revolves around the o line and running the football while you bleed out the defense and watch big Jeff etc walk? Aj wasn’t taking anything less than 25 mil and tbe titans weren’t offering more than 20(which is reasonable)

the 5 highest paid wr
    Hill,adams,Hopkins, BROWN, diggs….one is not like the other

7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I will be disappointed if willis or corall is there at 35 and we don't take a swing.

The tanehill experiment is over in my opinion. It's time to begin a new Era.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

AJ will be fired up when the Titans play at Philly this yr….

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

And that's why Head Coaches shouldn't be GMs... can't make emotional decisions.

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Few points. This thread as good as any.

1. This was an average trade. A little undervalued on our part, A 1st and a second this or next year for AJB was my target.
    2. We had no choice but to trade AJB- the market forced it. I don't fault AJB or JRob.
    3. Average GM'smanship here. JRob guided deftly and got what he could for AJB and our #26 pick. But he put us here with how Julio Jones worked out and the Tannehill and Dupree contract. So I'm neutral on these moves- they were necessary.
    4. We need OL bad. Taylor Lewan's contract over-inflated and he's underperforming. We've got a lot of picks so in range for quality OL help.
    5. I like Corral if he's there, we grab him.
    6. We'll be OK this next year as long as DH22 not overused. We need a power running RB.
    7. Exercising the 5th year Simmons important move to buy us time to see what happens in TC. Somebody else with a big contract is going to get moved or cut.
    8. Preds are in the playoffs and playing well against the best teams at end of regular season. Should be interesting.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar