AJ Brown traded to Eagles

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dman5TX, Apr 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Don't worry about DH22. He's a professional. He'll deliver as long as he's not overused.

2. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Guess, I'll add my two cents. I will note that I love this team and the players on it, but at this stage I have learned not to get too attached to any one player anymore. I hate to sound like a GM or player but this is honestly a Business. The players try to make as much as they can for themselves/family knowing they are one hit away from being outta the game. The GMs/Owners are trying to make the best financial decision for organization knowing that all it takes is one or two bad contracts to cripple a franchise for a good minute.

The thing about NFL contracts is they are like Car loans.....you buy a Hyundai (I own one) and as that thing get older it is worth less and less each year and will never be worth what you paid for it, but if you buy a Bugatti, Bentley, or Lambo...chances are you will be able to get MORE than you paid for it over time because it's a HIGH END vehicle. But honestly, even that theory can be flawed because look at the car market now and most cars are commanding more in sales than ever. Question is AJ a Hyundai, Bugatti or somewhere in between.

Bottomline for me is AJ's health issues every year and his key drops here and there, Tannehill being Avg at best and in my book, a choke artist, our commitment to the run game and RPOs, and lastly the amount of money that the WR Market is commanding made this trade ok to do. I'm glad he got paid, but did we get a haul for the trade..no, but as other have said, we have given ourselves some financial flexibility and that has to be considered a part of that trade. Did we get better? Idk, we haven't played a down yet and can't evaluate that until after the season. Anybody who said we got worse last year when DH22 went down last year was wrong, because we still ended up as the #1 Seed, and he came back and we lost still (Not his fault). Let's use our heads more than our hearts.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

no chance. They could have strung him out next year.

The organization treated AJB very well in this situation. He got his money now. Any other scenario than us overpaying him, he would not. I can't fault AJB or JRob for the situation. The market just did it as well as our overpaying for Tannehill (and Bud Dupree).

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

There is a reason my family wears our name and 00. Players can come and go, but we are Titans fans first.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

If they don't play hard they don't get 25mil/year contracts. You'd have to be an idiot if you have NFL talent but don't play hard because your feelings are hurt someone else didn't get paid.

6. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Starter

There it is - AJ demanded a trade.

Trade just keeps getting better and better. His volatile big fat baby ass will be a massive headache for the Eagles.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I suspected he was threatening not to play if he didnt get some crazy contract. I dont feel bad at all about not re-signing him.

9. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

Damn he wanted more than 25 million a year lol. Dude never played a full season, only got 800+ yards last season, he really is a head case. Good riddance.

10. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar