AJ Brown traded to Eagles

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dman5TX, Apr 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

For whatever reason, he wasn't interested in staying a Titan. Sooner you realize that, easier it is to get past it.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

B11 is only interested in $s which is fine... not the first Titan with that mentality

explains his 'business decisions' to sit out plays/games with minor :bs: 'injuries'. Titans should not put up with that nonsense

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Young54

Young54 Starter

Not that it matters but I'm pretty sure she's the one that broke the news that AJ requested a trade and cut off communication with the team. You may have read it elsewhere first, but the she deserves the credit.

4. Young54

Young54 Starter

This is 100% a W for JRob. No other way to look at it unless you choose to be unhappy and ungrateful. That fact that we were even in this situation is a credit to JRob. Are you more upset the prom queen broke your heart after high school, or would you have preferred to never have banged her at all?

JRob is the reason we had AJ in the first place. Would you be less of upset right now if this situation never happened and we had JJ Arcega-Whitesdie on the roster? What if the Pats drafted AJ and we ended up with N'Keal Harry?

Plus, ultimately, flipping a second round pick into a 1st and 3rd 4 years later, is a win anyway you slice it.

I'll criticize JRob big time, when deserved. He has a lot to prove and make up for with his drafting and he's had some swings and misses with FAs. Those swings and misses, however, have been one-year deals. When it comes to long-term contracts vs letting players go, he's pretty much nailed it. His only Ls came from letting Conklin go and trading for Julio. Both were logical decisions at the time.

We won't know for a couple of years if this was the right move or not, but I have a hunch it will be. Let's take that money saved and build a better team (which we have), as opposed to paying a greedy induvial. Our odds for a Super Bowl, as low as they may be, are still better than the Eagles. We are better positioned as a team.

Don't be sad because the good times are over. Be happy that they happened at all.

• Cheers Cheers x 4
  5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

• LOL LOL x 2
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

already b*tching about 'load management'

LOL

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

At this point it's apparent that he was in it for the money. Which is fine.... I wouldn't leave 5mil+ sitting on the table either... But as a fan, you have to understand that... A good percentage of players only care about money. Entertaining us and winning football games isn't a priority. Hell I'd lose every NFL game thats ever happened for $25 million dollar...much less for every 17 games a season I played.

9. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I am already sick of hearing about AJ Brown. F him. I suspect he will be a good WR for years to come and he may even be worth 25 mil a year to some team. But IMO for him to earn that 25 mil a year he will need to put up 1500 yds and 15+ tds a year. Anything less and he isnt earning it.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I get it...and I know their mentality of you need to get it while you can...but 25 mil over 20 mil is ridiculous...it's not like we are talking about making 75k over 40k...where in the real world that can be significant

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar