Game Day Thread Bengals @ Titans GDT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

So all of that got them a Super Bowl. As I was watching that game last night, I kept asking myself the question "If I was Les Snead, was it worth it"?

#381 Aqutis30, Nov 28, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
  2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Wow, another Downing masterpiece

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

People pointing the finger only at Downing didn't watch the game yesterday. The Bengals played the style of football the Titans are known for. They were the tougher team. They played more physical. Vrabel needs to be held accountable for that.

The Titans OL didn't do squat (again), the DL disappeared for stretches which means our weak CBs were exposed. Missed FG. FGs instead of Redzone TDs.

The Titans are not good enough to beat better teams unless they play damn near perfect and they were far from it yesterday.

Downing was a part of the problem but far from the only reason the Titans lost.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Agreed, regardless of when Downing called a running play, it didn't matter. The OL was straight poo poo yesterday. Henry was constantly hit in the backfield or right at the LOS. On the other side of the coin, it still is on Downing for not adjusting to the all out assault on Henry. Other than screens, did they pass it to Henry out in the flat at all? Not a rhetorical question.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

I mean, the Bengals pretty much said we're stacking it against Henry every play, we dare you to beat us with someone else...and we still kept running Henry up the middle into a wall. I get Henry is our identity but are we that scared to adjust?!

You know how affective the playaction can be with how the Bengals were spying Henry all game!

Draw up more plays for Okonkwo! This guy is a talent and can be so dangerous after the catch! I'm not saying he's Travis Kelce, but like Kelce, every time he has the ball, with just a little bit of space, you know he's going to make a play!

When the pass rush isn't there, you have to start throwing in some blitzes!

Cornerbacks is our weakest position on defense. Fulton isn't that good yet (I say yet because I think he can be good) but is still our best corner... yikes.

#385 GeronimoJackson, Nov 28, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Cornerback is no where close to as weak as our pitiful OL. That is our weakest position.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

My bad, should have clarified, I meant our weakest position on defense!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

37 pass plays to 19 run plays.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

and what 15 of those 19 were ineffective 1st down plays???

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

We ran 12 and passed 12 on first down. But yeah, most of Henry's touches were ineffective, so yeah, some came on 1st down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar