Cuts and Signings Around the NFL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Feb 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies due to lack of activity. Consider opening a new thread instead.
  1. Young54

Young54 Starter

I completely disagree. Never been a fan of the OL coach since we hired him, but how many no name guys have we brought in and been able to plug-and-play? Just because we blew it with Wilson and Dillon is a ? doesn't mean management has struggled. Wilson was a legit prospect and player, who knew money would make him a complete *******?

You have to give credit for the fact that "management" was able to get quality depth and decent starters with Kelly, Q, and Josh Kline (I had to look him up). Then also bring in staples like Saffold and Jones. Not JRob's fault Saffold's body stopped keeping up. He also drafted Conk and Davis.

So if there is one area where I actually have confidence in management, it is with OL. We've just had bad luck with injuries.

And if you want to bring up how many times Mariota was sacked, a lot of those were on Maritoa. Tanny proved that.

Would I have liked a little more this offseason? Yes. But let's have faith, they've been good in that department.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Our Oline is not good. Our OLine coach has proven to be bad. Most of the sacks have been because of the qbs. When Tannehill took over for Mariota he was making quick decisions and getting rid of the ball. Last season Tannehill switched from throwing to where the receiver was going to watching the receiver and then throwing to the receiver. You dont have time for that in the NFL if you dont have a top tier OLine.

Snap the ball, see the defense, throw to the open route. If the receiver screws up the route then you ream his ass for screwing up the route. Brady excels at getting rid of the ball. Even as old and decrepit as he is he still gets rid of the ball in like 2.4 seconds.

3. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I’m really curious to see how Davis does this year. Dude was a beast in 2020, only gave up 2 sacks, was top 20 on PFF and received multiple All Pro votes. Then he regressed significantly last year. It might have been because he was doing too much with Quessenberry getting beat so bad next to him all the time, but I really hope Davis gets back to his 2020 form this year. It’s a contract year for him sooooo.

4. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

We certainly have different opinions on the OL. Jones and Conklin were/are good. Kelly was average to decent, Davis is very inconsistent, Ques was not good and will not be missed, Raygunz and NFP are works in progress AND we are projected to have one of the worst pass protecting lines in the league this year. If we want to see any significant progress on offense, we have to get better FAST in the trenches. With either injured, inexperienced, or very average WR, that makes protection even more important.

5. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Titans to sign DeMarcus Walker. Another former Texan.

6. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Not sure why we did that one. Still need that WR and OL dudes.

7. Young54

Young54 Starter

what projections are these?

8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

10. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies due to lack of activity. Consider opening a new thread instead.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar