DUI Downing

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 10ECTyrant, Nov 18, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I heard police got suspicious when they saw several half coconuts with little umbrellas in them sitting on the passenger seat.

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Maybe he started drinking before the game and that is why his play calling was looser and more risky....

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Good ole 4th Downing. Where you’ll always find a fifth. :rimshot:

• LOL LOL x 5
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Don’t get it.

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  5. 8Bruce8

8Bruce8 Starter

Yip me neither. Coaches at his level need to show a high standard to players, almost role model like. Vrabs always says he holds high standards to everyone in the building. If this was a 2nd or 3rd stringer he'd be out the building. Not happy about it.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 4
  6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Pretty bad look to just leave it and see what the NFL wants to do tbh. Sets a bad precedent

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  7. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

What gets me is Vrabel is actually admitting it won’t take much to fire him so what kind of example is that setting for the team to act like it’s no big deal, can go either way. I’d rather go ahead and make the move and give the offense time to adjust to the new coordinator instead of waiting last second. Also couldn’t be good for the confidence of Downing or the offense as a whole knowing the man in charge could get the axe at any moment.

#137 KyTitansFan, Nov 22, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Vrabel is Downing calls a good game against the Bungles:
    Everyone makes mistakes, everyone deserves second chances
    Vrabel if Downing suck up play calling v Bungles:
    Downing is a drunk, he is out and Kelly is in.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I bonded 2 items

First “I’d”. We know, we all know what you would do in this situation. Everyone is also VERY VERY aware that if given the opportunity, it would have never gotten to this point with Downing.
    I’d venture to think, just maybe, Vrabel sees Downing differently than you do (have, will always see, etc)

Second, I think Downing lost confidence the absolute moment he got pulled over. No question, he knew he was F’d before getting the ticket/arrested/whatever happened. Him still having a job might have even built a little of that confidence back knowing Vrabel is going to stand by him. Not that I agree with Vrabel’s decision.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

so we have abandoned the whole 'death threaths' bovine scatology storyline?

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar