Edge Rushers

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

We saw the key to beating kc. Rush with 4 or 5. Now, they overhauled their line, but the same principle applies. We will definitely go edge rush or interior rusher early. I'm just not sure it will be Thursday night.

2. Dawlad

Dawlad Camp Fodder

I would love Elerson Smith and Tarron Jackson in 3rd day.

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

You seem hell bent on saying we play the 4-3. So yeah, if a 2 man front with 5 db's is the 4-3, then we play a lot of 4-3.

Heck, you could say that we play the 4-3 defense on offense. It looks a little different since we have to handle the ball, but it is the 4-3 defense.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

A true 3-4 is an alignment where you basically have 5 man fronts. We played little of that because it isn't the best formation stopping the pass. We saw Jones playing a bunch of DT. Now a 4-3 under isn't much different than a 3-4. It is a four man front with the strong side LB playing on the LOS and it utilizes a DT in the one gap (Jones last year).

But with that said, I'm talking about what I think we will be doing. As in the future. .

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I still keep thinking how good Barmore would be in this defense basically giving us one of the best DL in football. We would have two DTs that can stuff the run and still pressure the QB. We would have flexibility to go 3-4, 4-3 or rotate DL in a 4-2-5 (Autry moving inside, Barmore capable of spelling Simmons).

My thinking is that interior DL is not very strong this draft and we can still get WR, CB, OT after we draft Baremore. We could potentially get a decent pass rush from our front 4 taking a tremendous amount of pressure off the back side guys not to mention putting welts on the QBs head. Another guy even close to Simmons would be ridiculous.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar