Fire Todd Downing - he is the problem.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by William Wei, Nov 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

You’ll need to point me towards that post. If I did, it was because I thought he’d follow the established Arthur Smith scheme which didn’t change a lot from LaFleur’s.

I do believe all of his OCs run the scheme Vrabel wants on offense, Downing has had much less talent on the field and is obviously much worse dealing with defensive adjustments in the second half than Smith was.

Nonetheless, many here felt Smith was to predictable too but I put a lot of that, along with much of the current offensive woes, at Vrabel’s feet. It’s HIS offense and HIS decision to keep Downing as OC.

• Cheers Cheers x 3
  2. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

I had taken a break from the forum during that period. I was in Tibet finding enlightenment.

• LOL LOL x 3
  3. KyTitansFan

I always try to give everyone a chance at first. What’s wrong with that? I still don’t think Bowen knows what he’s doing. He looks up when he speaks. Schwartz is the reason for the defensive success. We were butter before he arrived.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Fire Downing, hire Reich as OC.

But I agree with Jeff. This is Vrabel's offense. It has been the same since Vrabel came.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

That would be interesting to say the least.

6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

The issue is he has called some good first halves of games. When something is working keep doing until they stop it. Seems like he just changes in the second half. We have to be the worst offense in the league, in the second half of games.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Titans fans have little animosity towards FR... OILERS fans though... LOL

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

Downing is vrabels yes man he’s not going anywhere. And sadly no competent offensive coordinator will be replacing Downing because Vrabel wants to control everything and no legitimate OC will tolerate that

9. KyTitansFan

Downing is definitely the worst OC in the league, but we are never going to have an offense until we get a GM that knows how to build one. Think about all the offensive misses in the draft. It’s sad. JRob has to go. This isn’t the offense Vrabel wants, it’s the only offense he’s been able to run with what JRob has given him to work with. I think he pretty much said that when he asked Werder, “who the hell are we gonna throw it to?”

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  10. Whitters21

Whitters21 Starter

I blame Jon Robinson and Todd Downing for our inept passing game.

Robinson for the lack of talent (and he should have got more for A.J.B even if he didnt want to pay him)

Todd Downing for the persistent lack of adjustments and bone headed play-calling.

Ultimately, IMO we are a decent football team who plays with too fine a margin for error (solid run game and D) to win a SB in this era of explosive passing offenses.

Jimmy from MusicCityMiracles did a really good radio piece yesterday called 'Titans fall to the Chiefs' which hits the nail on the head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar