I sure hope Derrick Henry is a beast this year

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 14u2ponder, Sep 11, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

It's a shame he's so hard headed because vrabel does so much well. He gets the most out of his guys, he knows the rule book inside and out, he gameplans really well against teams that we should be overmatched against. But his stubbornness is a thorn in his side that's ultimately going to hold the team back and cost him his job.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I thought the same about Rodgers. Had to look up his KR/PR. He has a total of 10 catches and 1 carry.

I think the OL is a serious issue for Henry. Per touch, his fumbles are still less than his last year with 5, but his second worst.
    The frustrating thing about the big runs is he had a bunch against Jax but only got 2 carries in the second half. He also has a bunch of 8-9 yard runs in LA.
    I think we got accustomed to his 40+ yard runs over the years. It’s been disappointing, but I think it’s a mix of injury return and a s**t OL.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Most stats I've seen have our oline about average for run blocking and henry about average for yards over expected. I do agree this is probably the worst oline he's worked with, but it's not like it's an awful oline as far as run blocking goes. But it is another indictment against jrob that we traded away our other best playmaker than failed to surround our one piece left with the talent he needs to succeed.

I also think henry has lost a step, I don't think he has break away speed anymore which limits his upside quite a bit.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

21 carries
    104 yards
    1 TD
    5 YPC

296 carries (1st)
    1303 yards (2nd)
    12 TD (tied 3rd)
    4.4 YPC (24th)

Nice game for henry. Going to be interesting to see how much work he gets in the passing game with Hilliard being done for the season.

5. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

His receptions are way up.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Raj

Raj Starter

Blaming Henry?? are you kidding me? Better be grateful we even have anyone to focus on. This offense is one of the worst I have ever seen. The defense somehow gets stops playing our corners about 7 yards from scrimmage every play. This team is a joke.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

He definitely still has breakaway speed and is still very fast, but I do agree, there’s been a few 40 yard runs this year that would have been an 80 yard td pre-injury DH22. DH22 is still a top 5 back, but he’s 29, has a lot of wear and tear, and had a serious foot injury… he can’t do it himself anymore as we’re starting to see the start of a decline. We were just the number 1 seed, if the plan was to use whatever Henry had left and make a SB run, trading AJ made absolutely no sense.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  8. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

derrick henry will still be elite into his 30s, he probably has lost a slight step but hes still a cheat code for his size/speed. thats what makes him so ageless. his success doesnt require him to be elite at any one attribute. although his elite speed is what made him the undisputed goat RB, hes still too big and too fast

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I want to see him stick around long enough to pass EG.
    Currently, that’s about 1800 yards away, but if he breaks 10K in the current climate of all RB are dead at 30, he’d be a sure fire HoF.

Titans have not had anyone start as a titan and reach the Hall. Couple oilers/Titans and a couple FA titans, but none selected as a Titan.
    CJ2K May be the next shot, but Henry will have a better shot.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

hey cris did you flash enough to get into the HoF?

:cj:

• LOL LOL x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar