If not a WR @ 26 then ….

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by dtm586, Apr 24, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Or you're the Patriots

2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I keep seeing this "it's a weak QB class" argument used to justify us not taking a QB. The strength of the class doesn't matter, it's the players that will be available to us. If we had last year's class and 3 QBs went in the first 3 picks, it would be seen as a stronger class but that doesn't impact the Titans at all, because they have no shot at those guys anyway. That doesn't make the QBs below them any better/worse.

I don't necessarily want to go QB in the 1st, but I'm warming up to the idea and am starting to think it's pretty likely. But it will be about the specific player we draft, not whether or not there were other good QBs in the draft with him.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Hard to know if JR believes Tannehill has maxed out his potential or not. If deep inside he believes RT is holding them back, then I can see a QB. But, who knows. The only one I would take out of the entire bunch is Howell, but not sure I would do that at 26. We need more picks than we have. The Jones trade is turning out to be a bigger disaster than we first thought.

4. Tricky

Tricky Starter

The thing is, the 5th drafted QB in 2021 (mac Jones) would be the QB1 in this class. Not dismissing the rest of your argument, but this is definitely a weak class.

5. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Well the Winston/Mariotta and the Wentz/ Goff classes turned out to be pretty weak. The scouts and talking heads get QB wrong more than any other position.

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

My main issue with most of these QBs is that they have hardly ever taken snaps under center…Henry is not the perfect RPO type rb…so taking one in the 1st not only tells Tanny he is gone, but also puts a timeline on Henry…I reload to help Tanny and King succeed….if they can’t get it done then you start looking to replace both…Building the OL now not only gives Our current guys the best chance to be productive but a good OL and running game is certainly helpful for our young QB of the future.

7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

This year's QBs aren't going to replace Tannehill...so this is the way to go....trade down and go OL and WR.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

You have a better chance of striking oil in Nissan stadium as finding another Brady in the 6th round. Look at the starters in this league. Almost every single one was taken in the 1st or early 2nd round.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

If we take a QB in the 1st, then thats 3 drafts in a row with 0 production from our 1st round pick in their first year.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

The closer this gets the more I’m thinking Kenyon Green is the pick.

gotta feeling a good WR will be there and they’ll pass. Won’t be a QB with the window still open and assuming Zion is off the board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar