Rumor Jalen Ramsey the Favorite?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Playmaker, Mar 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I would have taken the Rams pick over Ramsey or any other player in the draft. I would have also signed a good RT in free agency as discussed.

Would I have traded our 1st (#15), 2nd (Dodd) and a mid round pick this year to move up to #5 to land Ramsey? Yes I would have. But even if we didn't trade back up, there were players to take and upgrade our weaker areas.

I'm actually not making assumptions when I say it's possible we play worse, the same or better if we had made different choices as those ARE the only possibilities!

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

One thing that irks me about the Rams trade is that JRob should have insisted we get their pick, not a comp pick (which is what we are getting). And yes, I was ticked off we gave up a 2nd this year in the move up for Conklin (instead of a 3rd last year). I thought we reached for Byard and could have gotten him later.

There will be a lot of good players in rounds 2-4 so don't dismay. But having a pick near the top of the 3rd would have been a lot better than a comp pick towards the bottom!

I expect us to trade back in round 1 and acquire a 2nd rounder. We'll get 2 players we like in round 1, another in round 2 and then 2 more in round 3. Having the extra 3rd and our 4th means we have ammo to wheel and deal. The real question will be how far back can the Titans go before they lose out on their highest set of draftable players. If Allen and Garrett are a notch above everyone, it makes sense to move back. But how many players are in that next group (that we can use...so no rb's or qb's)? If they don't rate a WR or MLB or CB or DL too high, I could see us drop fairly far...especially if it gets us a higher 2nd round pick or a decent 2nd and 3rd which would really give us ammo to move up.

I like that JRob likes to wheel and deal, but we need to get a little stricter and really move around to address our starting deficiencies before we take any more 2nd string players (Dodd, Henry, AJohnson) with premium picks!

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I can find nothing about the rams 3rd rnd pick being a comp pick...every article I've read on the details of the trade say the rams 3rd rnd pick no mention of a comp pick...where have you seen it listed as a comp pick

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I just read it in the last week. Don't remember where but it said the Titans would get the Rams comp pick in round 3 to complete the trade. Almost everywhere it says Rams 3rd but there is no specification. Makes sense Fisher gets to screw us one more time! Once comps are announced I think that's what we'll see.

Hopefully JRob is as smart as I think he is and the article I read was wrong. If I come across it again I'll post it.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/04/19/titans-rams-draft-trade-inside

If you read toward the end this is discussed. If the Rams get the anticipated 3rd round comp, that is the pick the Titans will get. If they don't get the comp 3rd (because the Rams weren't awarded it), we would get their high 3rd and send back our 7th.

So hope the Rams don't get a 3rd round comp!

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

thanks for posting link....I had seen that article but didn't read it to the end....looks like with the contract Jenkins signed it will be their comp pick...bummed about that

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Who have they lost that they would deserve a 3rd comp pick?

8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Jeff fisher?

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Didn't the Giants sign Janoris Jenkins to a massive contract?

They're getting a comp pick

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Depends if they lost more players than they signed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar