Late rd QBs....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Jan 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We are talking about guys who can sit on the practice squad for a year. Make the team in year 2 as a backup and then if they surprise and develop could make a play for a starting job after that.

I like what I see in Aqueel Glass from Bama A&M. Classic size and skill set. 6'5 220. Good arm. Room for development. Can add 10 lbs to frame.

I like him as much or better than Jack Coan out of Wisconsin.

Projected rd 6.

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I, too, like this young lad that you mentioned equally as much as Jack Coan.

3. NDTitansfan

NDTitansfan Practice Squad

I don’t see the upside long term in Jack Coan. As a Notre Dame fan I watched every snap he took this year and he pretty much is what he is. Highly accurate on the short to intermediate throws, but doesn’t have much touch or accuracy 20 yards plus. He also has limited pocket mobility and doesn’t throw well off platform. Once the defense forced him to move his feet the play was pretty much dead.

4. Carp

Carp Starter

Bailey Zappe and EJ Perry are my top 2 late round qbs

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Carp

Carp Starter

Desmond Ridder certainly became more intriguing after running a 4.5 40. I thought he was more similar Jared Goff or Derek Carr athletically. Now I'm thinking he's closer to someone like Justin Fields or Deshaun Watson. Problem is, we don't have a 2nd round pick currently and he might not even last to us in the 3rd round, so we might have to trade up. You don't typically trade up to get a QB outside of the 1st round.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Late round QBs are a wasted pick. They can't even help on special teams.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

KICKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. The Hammer

I'd be curious to know how often this actually happens. Can anyone think of an example of a QB who:
    • Drafted late round
    • Spends a year on the PS
    • Backs up for a year or two
    • Then starts
    • All for the team that drafted them
    From what I've seen, successful late round QBs (which are very rare) fall into two categories:
    1. Guys like Brady who are good early on
    2. Guys who end up starting for another team

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Carp

Carp Starter

Gardner Minshew and Tyrod Taylor are the only late round QBs I can think of recently who have made meaningful starts for a team that wasn't filling in for someone injured. Maybe Taysom Hill. Either way, those aren't ringing endorsements for taking a late round QB.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. The Hammer

A lot of low cards in that hand

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar