New Titans OC search

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tricky, Jan 9, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

"Teams were previously able to block assistants from interviewing for positions that could be deemed "lateral moves," and assistant-to-coordinator transitions previously fell under that umbrella. NFL teams are not allowed to prohibit assistants from interviewing for head coaching positions.

Coordinators will still not be allowed to leave their team for another NFL coordinator position without seeking permission."

But yeah, I'm sure there's not a lot of cases where an assistant leaves for another team without being fired.

2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I can see that specifically as it mentions assistant moving to OC/DC/STC being under the same umbrella.
    To me, any of those are a step up from a positional coach or assistant.

3. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Well the article I quoted was about the rule change. Now position coach/assistant to coordinator IS considered a step up and they can't be blocked from interviewing.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Good change.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

The gift that keeps giving

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  6. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I find it interesting that when the season ended, all kinds of names flew out concerning GM candidates. Not a peep on the OC side. This tells me they most likely only looking internally again. Obviously I could be wrong. They have a lot on their plate right now with so many assistant positions open.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I feel like it will be Kelly..... some candidates might be in the playoffs and not willing to interview at this time

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  8. Doc

Doc Pro Bowler

I think Vrabel will put some serious thought in this signing. IF he picks wrong and the OC isn’t good it would likely be his butt that gets fired.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  9. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

They have had several weeks to consider the GM position and likely had that list built prior to the firing. Not so sure the same can be said for the OC position.

I will be very disappointed if they dont seriously look outside the org for a candidate.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Excellent point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar