Position Upgrade: Offensive Line

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Feb 20, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carp

Carp Starter

Davis and Brewer seem like locks to return if no other reason than they are cheap depth and give some continuity to the line.

Lewan seems likely to return as well. I doubt we will want to have a ton of turnover on the OL and Lewan is as solid as they come, even if he can be a bit inconsistent.

Saffold is gone. End of story.

I really hope we bring Jones back. Best OL on the team the last 2 seasons.

Quesseberry strikes me as someone that will get paid a lot more than he's probably worth. He was one of the best run blockers in the league, but he really struggled in pass protection, giving up 11 sacks on the years. My guess is Radunz takes over his spot and we find a swing tackle to split time with Radunz.

We seem fairly likely to draft an OL or two. Guard is obviously easier to play immediately, so I would expect we'll draft a G in the mid rounds who has a ton of experience. Cade Mays and Sean Rhyan are among my favorites here.

In FA, bringing back Dennis Kelly to pair with Radunz at RT seems like a solid plan. He should be fairly cheap and already is familiar with the offense and the players. Laken Tomlinson and Connor Williams are my top targets at G. Williams will probably be expensive though, given his age.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Every good Canadian knows what that word means

hutchinson-portage-carrying-canoe_h.jpg

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Quessenberry only got paid $850,000 last year which was by far the most he’s ever earned in a season. He’s almost 32 and won’t be paid more than vet minimum backup money anywhere else. Vrabes seems to like him since they were together in Houston before Tennessee. My guess is he’s brought back to be Tackle depth/ competition yet again, only this time someone beats him out in camp. Solid backup for sure.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Carp

Carp Starter

He looked good vs San Fran. I know it's only 1 game, and you can't exactly project a perennial pro-bowler type of career based on that. But I think he played well enough that you have to give him a chance to prove that he isn't a starter.

Certainly, the coaches know more than I do. But considering they let Quessenberry give up 11 sacks without replacing him, I do have to question their judgement.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Might be misremembering, but didn’t Radunz play G that game? There were tons of in-game injuries that got subs, thought he played for Saffold.

6. Carp

Carp Starter

No he started at LT in place of Lewan.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Saffold & Lamm both cut. I hope we resign Ben Jones!

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  8. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I feel like Saffold would have been restructured if they were going to let Jones walk. I really want him back as well, he's a rock in the center of the OL and has played every game since signing I believe. Should be able to get him at a reasonable price

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

What's remarkable about Ben Jones is he is the smallest dude on the OL and played the best last season.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar