Rookie Meetings

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Tricky, Apr 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carp

Carp Starter

Terrell Lewis seems the least likely to me. Tape isn't super impressive, he's very raw (we need an immediate contributor), and has injury concerns. We know JRob loves experience and position flexibility. For that reason, I think Marlon Davidson is our first pick, whether we trade down or take him at 29.

I also think the Clowney situation may play into this. If he's been in touch with Clowney's agent and believes he can sign him after the draft, a need for DL becomes less pressing in 1st round.

2. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Ross blacklock > Marlon Davidson

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Terrell Lewis and Marlon Davidson play totally different positions....Lewis is an OLBer who might put his hand in the dirt over a guard occasionally while Davidson is a 3 and 5 technique guy.

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I like Davidson over Blacklock because he has made more impact plays in college.....size and athletic ability are fairly equal....so the production gives Davidson the nod in my evaluation.

hope to not have to pick either in the 1st

5. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Davidsons tape is super underwhelming to me. Looks like a tweaner guy who will struggle to find a role in the nfl. Hes not that good when he moves inside and put his hand in the dirt from what I've seen. I also find it really hard to believe that he will have success rushing the passer with his lack of pass rushing moves, athleticism or bend. He looks like a poor man's epenesa. Epenesa can engage blockers with his long arms and get off run blocks. Epenesa also has a true bull rush that will work in the league. Davidson kind of just throws his body into blockers and hopes for the best. And sometimes it works but alot of times it doesn't.

Blacklock might not have the stats( mostly because Davidson and him had different roles in college), but he has alot of things Davidson doesn't. Blacklock has extreme burst that is very visible on tape especially compared to Davidson. Blacklock also uses his hands and eyes unlike davidson. Blacklock takes on double teams really nicely while Davidson gets punmeled by double teams.

In my opinion, its not even close..we will see though.

6. Carp

Carp Starter

I like Blaylock as well, and most boards I've seen do have him considerably higher than Davidson.

7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Blacklock is a terror in the middle. Big time motor, great leverage, always disruptive. Exactly what we need....

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Would looooove to see him and Simmons together in the middle for the indefinite future.

Sidenote: Would be very interesting to see us invest so much in the DL. Especially because Vrabel and Robinson are Belichick disciples, and the Pats are typically a back to front defense, investing most of their money in a strong secondary, and limited resources in their DL rotations.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Broke these meetings down by projected round and positional rank (pulled from walterfootball).
    Sure seems to point to CB round 1 and DL round 2

PLAYER ROUND RANK
    C.J. Henderson, CB, Florida (PRI) 1-2 CB2
    Damon Arnette, CB, Ohio State (PRI) 1-2 CB3
    Cameron Dantzler, CB, Mississippi State (VIR) 1-2 CB5
    Kristian Fulton^, CB, LSU (COM, VIR) 1-2 CB6
    Austin Jackson, OT, USC (VIR) 1-2 OT6
    Josh Jones^, OT, Houston (PRI, VIR) 1-2 OT5
    Justin Madubuike, DT, Texas A&M (PRI) 1-2 DT3
    Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU (VIR) 1-2 WR8
    Ross Blacklock, DT/3-4DE, TCU (VIR) 1-3 DE4
    Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor (VIR) 1-3 WR9
    Marlon Davidson, DE/3-4DE, Auburn (VIR) 1-3 DE5
    Jon Greenard^, DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Florida (PRI, VIR) 1-3 ED4
    Terrell Lewis, DE/3-4OLB, Alabama (VIR) 1-3 ED6
    Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU (VIR) 2-3 CB10
    Ke'Shawn Vaughn, RB, Vanderbilt (COM) 3-5 RB8
    Larrell Murchison, DT, N.C. State (VIR) 3-5 DT9
    Leki Fotu, DT/3-4DE/NT, Utah (VIR) 3-5 DE10
    Robert Windsor, DT/3-4DE, Penn State (VIR) 3-5 DE12
    James Lynch, DE, Baylor (COM) 3-5 DE17
    James Morgan, QB, Florida International (VIR) 3-5 QB8
    Alton Robinson, DE/OLB, Syracuse (VIR) 4-6 DE20
    Cameron Clark, OT, Charlotte (EW) 4-6 OT15
    Alohi Gilman, S, Notre Dame (VIR) 4-6 S22
    Casey Toohill, OLB, Stanford (VIR) 4-6 OLB13
    Amik Robertson^, CB, Louisiana Tech (COM, VIR) 6-7 CB36
    Malcolm Perry, WR, Navy (EW) 6-FA WR48
    Ron'dell Carter, DE, James Madison (VIR) FA NA
    Quartney Davis, WR, Texas A&M (COM) FA NA
    Alex Pechin, P, Bucknell (EW) FA NA
    John Penisini, DT, Utah (EW) FA NA
    Isaiah Rodgers, CB, Massachusetts (VIR) FA NA
    Derrek Tuszka, DE, North Dakota State (VIR) FA NA
    Dallas Warmack, G, Oregon (VIR) FA NA
    Alex Highsmith, DE, Charlotte (VIR) FA NA
    Robert Hunt, OT, La.-Lafayette (VIR) FA NA

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. DoubleBlue

DoubleBlue Highly Respected Poster

Cool post. Was wondering , would you be able to put like a top 5 players you want at like de, dt, cb and wr? I've agreed with most of your draft related posts so just curious as our first 3 picks are likely going to be within those positions, maybe tackle too

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar