Spider-Man: NWH might just be the greatest superhero movie of all time.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GeronimoJackson, Dec 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

And this is coming from someone that is kind of burnt out from the MCU crossover trend and I never cared for Tom Holland’s Spider-Man as he never had the true spirit of Spider-Man for me. I didn’t have an issue with it per say because I get they didn’t want to just rehash the same origin story again. But what made this movie so great was he finally had to struggle and there was character growth for the first time in the Holland movies. I felt like he went from Stark Jr. to actual Spider-Man. On top of that, the acting from everyone was phenomenal, probably the best acted MCU movie. The effects during the fight with Dr. Strange was on another level. The humor was actually clever and legitimately hilarious opposed to only cheesy one liners, like there were moments I had to wipe away tears. William Dafoe hasn’t missed a beat and stole the show, actually wish he would have had more screen time.

Even though you kind of saw it coming, my theater erupted like a rock concert during the epic “surprise” moment about midway in the movie. I’ve never been to a movie that cheered that loud during that scene.

Watching it again this week. 9.5/10

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Just saw it.

very good.
    Extreme with the GOAT talk but still good. Love the crossovers and I’m certain it will have something carry over into a bigger MCU movie later.

3. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Thought Dafoe was amazing, bit of cheese at times. Entertaining

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar