‘Steve McNair: A Football Life’ airs Wednesday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Former Titans quarterback Steve McNair will be the subject of the next episode of “A Football Life” on NFL Network. The show is scheduled to air Wednesday at 7 p.m.

McNair, who played 13 NFL seasons with the Oilers/Titans and later the Ravens, was murdered in Nashville on July 4, 2009. He was 36.

The show will features interviews with family members and former teammates of McNair, who was the league’s co-MVP in 2003. According to NFL Media, the show includes interviews with the following people:

• —Lucille McNair, Steve’s mother
    • —Fred McNair, Steve’s brother
    • —Tim McNair, Steve’s brother
    • —Steve McNair, Jr., Steve’s son
    • —Tyler McNair, Steve’s son
    • —Trenton McNair, Steve’s son
    • —Steven McNair, Steve’s son
    • —Eddie George, Oilers/Titans running back, 1996-2003
    • —Jeff Fisher, former Oilers/Titans head coach, 1994-2010
    • —Robert Gaddy, Steve’s friend
    • —Mitchell Williams, Mississippi sports anchor
    • —Chris Sanders, Oilers/Titans wide receiver, 1995-2001
    • —Mike Munchak, Oilers/Titans assistant coach, 1994-2010
    • —Brad Hopkins, Oilers/Titans offensive tackle, 1993-2005
    • —Zach Piller, Titans guard, 1999-2006
    • —Floyd Reese, Oilers/Titans general manager, 1994-2006
    Lucile McNair is quoted: “Nobody’s perfect. We all make mistakes, and a mistake cost him his life.”

Source: Titans Insider

2. RTH

RTH Meh...

I'll be checking this out... my biggest fear is how much time will be devoted to his "era's".

Better be very little involving his time with Baltimore and Baltimore players.

3. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

I would be more interested in what his wife has to say about it.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The title of the piece "A football life" suggests it will be mostly about him as a player. From 1998-2003 he was a top 10 QB and for the last 3 years in that span he was truly elite.

I remember going to a game at Vandy in 98 and it was amazing because when he tucked the ball and ran everybody stood up. It was something they were not used to a QB running the ball like a RB. That was before Mcnabb and Vick, something really unusual and special.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I really hope they just touch on his death and not go into details. As shameful as it was, we all have skeletons in our closet. While I think it is a terrible thing to do what he did, with a family, plenty of others have done the same. Some I am sure I am friends with.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'm sure they'll go into detail. They got a quote from the mom about how it cost him his life, I'm sure it's a big part of the show.

Unfortunately, it's part of his legacy now.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

The other episodes of A Football Life have been very professionally done so I suspect this will be too. And I agree with you, he was a Titan,.. Ravens rented him in the end but he should be remembered for his play in TN.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think we'll hear some dirty little secrets not many fans know about in this documentary.

I can't wait to see this, anything Titans related I'm all over, especially something covering a Titans legend.

9. ProfessorD

ProfessorD Starter

Usually this show is done in a pretty classy way. They will touch on it but it will not be shown in a negative way on McNair, more like a tragedy. They did one on Reggie white and Jerome Brown for the eagles and he was pacman Jones before pacman Jones was, and they just made it out like he just made a few bad choices in life and died at a young age. They even made it seem like he was a regular church goer. NFL network is not going to run McNairs name through the mud. That scandal will get about 5 min or so at the very end with a mention at the front to hype it up.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Can't get a whole lot dirtier than what we already know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar