Rumor Titans considering cutting Kevin Byard

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 15, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Not sure why you wouldn’t seek a trade first.

2. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

I need a shocked emoji for this one. But then again, given the King can be talked about I guess anyone can.

3. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Great player for sure, but 20 mil is too big of a cap number for a safety.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Carp

Carp Starter

The DB market has been pretty weak so far. Lots of decent names and not much movement so far. Leads me to think the demand just isn't there. I doubt we get more than a 6th round pick.

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

The cap number is only that big because we ask him to re-structure last yr and save us 8mil in cap space... so that is catching up to us this yr.... his base salary is 13 mil which isn't bad at all.... cutting him costs us 13 mil in dead money and saves us only 6mil

6. TexasTitanFan

TexasTitanFan Starter

So the lesson here is if the Titans ask a player to restructure so they can sign FA, the player should just say no. Titans not going to honor the restructure. Is that right?

• Boring Boring x 1
  7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

As far as Ran is concerned none of the recent restructures are his to own.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. TexasTitanFan

TexasTitanFan Starter

Ok. But will players and agents remember this and make it so that Ran can't get a restructure when he needs one in the future? Or is this something that is just expected to happen? I just can't recall thus being an issue.

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

he makes like 2-3 good plays a season these days, he's only holding on by the rep he gained a few years ago

most games he's completely invisible

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. MarcusMayhem8

MarcusMayhem8 Starter

I know it’s a business, I know you should move on before the fall off, but can we have 1 guy retire a Titan outside of Donnie Nickey?

• LOL LOL x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar