Rumor Titans considering cutting Kevin Byard

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 15, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

The old phrase that defense wins championships went out the window when they changed the pass interference rules among others. This is a completely different game than it was in the Fisher days.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

You can piss on it all you want, it’s the correct one. The defense doesn’t notice Big Jeff being gone when he’s not in the game.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I suppose if you have no interest in actually looking things up and only refer to the SB game itself. You’d think that.

Philly D is a large reason why they were there. Not performing a specific game as anecdotal evidence D doesn’t matter is not proof that it doesn’t matter.
    Being the #2 D that got the team there would seem more sensical that a D is important.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Carp

Carp Starter

Over the last decade, mediocre defenses make the SB far more often than mediocre offenses.

5. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Chefs have the ultimate equalizer
    Myhomie

6. Carp

Carp Starter

Since 2012, only 3 teams have made the SB that have finished outside the top 10 in offense. Half the SB teams over the past decade have finished outside the top 10 in defense.

Obviously, it's better to be both, but if you have to pick one, the offense is quite clearly the better option.

7. HurrayTitans!

Has made the SB.

before I bother continuing, do you think teams that are capable of winning the SB fall short of the SB game?
    Do you think there are occasions where not the “best” team wins?
    Do you think every team that does not make it/win it, failed at a strategy, roster building, approach?

it’s important because for as in depth as things like FA and contract negotiations get looked at, argued, and compared, winning the SB and QB value seem to be the most simplistic takes I’ve ever seen.

I think the graphic you copied probably has a lot more context that requires more than 2 teams each year on a chart.

8. HurrayTitans!

100% opinion.
    That’s fine.

but it’s also been proven to stop a Mahomes, you need a D.
    Even better, it appears some of the cryptonite for Mahomes is the same as Peyton, run the ball and play D.

9. HurrayTitans!

Proof?

I assume this is by yards not points.

10. Carp

Carp Starter

5 of the 11 SB winners over this time have finished outside the top 10 in defense. Only 2 offenses have won it while finishing outside the top 10. I don't know how much plainer I can make it. You said "Defense wins championships." I'm telling you, that simply isn't the case anymore.

I'm sure there is another graphic comparing playoff teams too. I'll look for one.

They NFL has changed dramatically over the last 10-15 years. If you don't have a good offense, you don't aren't winning many games anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar