Titans draft blog

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Broken Record, Feb 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Long time, no see! Broken Record, Jr has been all about the Titans since he could talk. I did a good job raising that one. At any rate, he's started a draft blog. If you get a minute, stop by and give him a click!

Tennessee Tickle Monsters

#TITANUP

• Cheers Cheers x 3
  2. Delco78

Delco78 Starter

I've actually talked to him on reddit about doing a breakdown of Tyler Smith. He has some skills

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Carp

Carp Starter

I like his breakdown of Marcus Jones. He's my top choice for our 3rd round selection.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Nice breakdown of Isiah Likely. We're in dire need of a TE, so that breakdown drew my interest as I didn't watch a Coastal Carolina game last season.

The more I look, the more I think he's a hard pass for us. Basically what I'm seeing in highlights is a slow WR. He seemed to be spread out wide on most of his snaps and doesn't fit the role of a true TE. I find it very hard for him to have early success in the NFL as a TE or even a TE playing slot WR, due to lack of speed, since his skillset in college was to be spread out wide.

Third round is way too rich for Likely as he will be a project for quite some time and we need immediate contribution out of the TE position.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Craig Stevens did pretty well allright with zero speed at TE

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Totally different TE breed. Stevens would be useless in the NFL today unless he's solely blocking. Stevens is an old school true TE that are beginning to become extinct.

We have a horse of a RB that will require so much attention and we need a Noah Fant type TE that is able to take full advantage of the coverages he is going to see, plus be able to block. Isiah Likely just isn't that IMO.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Carp

Carp Starter

I agree.

The best options at TE are going to be Trey McBride, Cade Otton, Jeremy Ruckert, or Jake Ferguson.

A late round flier on James Mitchell wouldn't be bad either. He was being considered as a mid round pick or earlier around this time last year. He got injured the first game and missed the season so he should definitely be on J-Rob's radar, lol.

#7 Carp, Feb 10, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I cannot read the phrase "tickle monster" and not think about the Jerry Sandusky statement about how he liked to have tickle sessions with the boys in his camps.

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Other than that, good content. I've seen some of it on reddit.

10. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar