Titans hire Chris Harris as new CB’s coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Jan 21, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Young54

Young54 Starter

So, we had an elite D in 2021. Last year we had the top rushing D and solid overall with no DBs, rotating LBs, backup DEs, and street FAs plugged in everywhere. Now you guys want to fire that Coordinator, who has the experience, has learned under great defensive minds, and knows the players and system, for a guy who’s only coached DB for 2 years on a crappy team? Because, why? Because other teams may want him?

Looks like he might be a great DB hire, but let’s pump the breaks on the DC talk.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Go check the numbers 2 years ago before Schwartz came on board.

3. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Bowen is still calling plays with CB's ten yards off on 3rd and 5. He should be fired on that alone.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Young54

Young54 Starter

and then we did get Schwartz. Go check the roster 2 years ago.

5. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

A good roster. They underperformed badly. Time will tell how much of the improvement in 21 was Schwartz, but I have a bad feeling. Notice Bowen has never gotten a single interview request for HC.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  6. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

A lot of us believe Schwartz had a big hand in the defensive performance
    Soon as I heard he was assisting, I thought, give the DC position to Schwartzie

7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

If I recall, there was also a noticeable change on the DL alignments and pressure provided that matched what Schwartz was doing in TN and Det before coming back to assist.

Im honestly not that big a fan of Schwartz, but when he has the right players, he can make a D play really good.
    Bowen was solo in 2020 when the TN D was giving up record numbers of 3rd down conversions.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Young54

Young54 Starter

Clowney? Jonathan Joseph, Breon Borders, Desmond King?... Good roster? Jack Crawford was a starter.
    and Schwartz was out of job when he hired him and didn't have any DC interviews last year. Not a good metric to determine success.

9. Young54

Young54 Starter

I think it's easy to point the finger at Bowden, but let's not forget he wasn't the DC. We didn't have one. It was essentially Vrabel. So sure, maybe it was Schwartz that helped turn things around, but maybe it was Bowden. Maybe it was both, with a much improved roster. I think people actually forget that most Titans fans wanted Schwartz fired in his first tenure. But even if the turnaround was 100% on Schwartz, don't you want the DC that was learning under him run the ship? You want to throw out someone who had a hand in running a great defense for an outsider with barely any experience? Not very logical.

10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Our D has been ass for years don't see it changing any time soon

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar