Welcome back, Tannehill!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 14u2ponder, Jan 29, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

If there’s one in the draft to move up for. This year I don’t think there is.

2. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Mahomes wasn’t a highly touted QB prospect. He was very much a boom or bust pick according to the guru’s.

3. DoubleBlue

DoubleBlue Highly Respected Poster

I am hoping we trade down, and either have a later first and acquire a 2nd round pick, or trade out of first and have 2 2nd rounders. If a qb slides then maybe we take one but i doubt it

4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Hmmmm.
    Not sure there’s a lot of wiggle room for later in the first while collecting a 2nd.

5. DoubleBlue

Ya its never an automatic thing, im just saying its possible and it'd be the perfect situation for us

6. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

All QBs are boom or bust. Every single one is a crap shoot. However, there are certain tendencies or traits that should warn you off. This years group is pretty flawed.

7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I’m just thinking titans are already picking 26. Moving back in the first round is extremely limited trading partners and only a couple spots which is unlikely to fetch a 2nd round pick outside giving up a first.

8. DoubleBlue

Let me dream god damnit

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Carp

Carp Starter

He had all the physical traits though. Rocket arm, very athletic, good size. Very accurate in college. I feel like the only QB in this draft that has similar traits in Malik Willis. Carson Strong has the arm, but he is not very athletic and has knee issues already. Fairly risky pick in the 1st round, especially given his level of competition in college.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Carp

Carp Starter

Teams typically move up into the 1st round from the 2nd round to take QBs. But this year is a bit unique in that the Dolphins and Lions both have late 1st round picks and while they don't have immediate needs at QB, they may be tempted to take one if the guy they like falls far enough.

Don't see us getting a 1 and 2, but netting the Lions 31/32 pick to go along with pick 66/65 would be pretty sweet.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar