Breaking News With the 18th pick of the 2022 NFL Draft, the Titans select WR Treylon Burks, Arkansas

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

It might not be a big deal... but once again.. out of all the rookies and practice squad guys across the league, there is only one rookie who seems to be struggling to make it through practice and it just happens to be our first round pick. I think they really messed up with this pick, but hoping I am wrong.

2. gohogs14

gohogs14 Starter

If it's still asthma it probably happened quite often during practice at Arkansas too, but most practices were closed to the media so it wasn't reported. Much more of a media coverage/focal point in the NFL so everything that happens is going to be out there.

3. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

Not a big deal, that’s the purpose of all these workouts etc. Atleast he hasn’t pulled a hamstring, I’m sure he will be in better shape by the time the season rolls around

4. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Where are you getting these hints?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Apparently wasn’t an issue at Arkansas. The interest on borrowed trouble is pretty high. Let’s give the kid a chance to come down from the clouds and get settled. I bet he gets progressively better conditioned or acclimated by the day.

6. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

My opinion. I could be wrong, I hope I'm wrong.

7. Young54

Young54 Starter

So you want the Titans to have crappy receivers? Is that your end game point?

8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

No, they just don’t require anyone, especially one that costs a lot of money.
    If push comes to shove and a top defender is available vs a top WR, I take the defender ever single time, not even a hesitation.

You can win with a team full of #2/3 WR, you never need a true #1.
    And if the titans have crappy WRs? So what. Hand the ball off to Henry, that’s what the offense is built around. If Henry gets hurt, hand off to the next guy.
    The key is play defense anyway.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Young54

Young54 Starter

First round picks are cheap. I agree, you don't need a true #1 to win and paying $20+ per year is cap suicide (unless you have a legit rookie QB), but that's why you take one in the first round. They are cheap... and in a time when WRs are getting drastically overpaid, an added bonus is the 5th year option. That would have avoided the entire AJ Brown fiasco (at least for one more year).

I'm not super sold on Burks as the player, but it doesn't matter if you're a run first team. Drafting a WR in the first is smart. Now let's see if it work out with Burks.

• Cheers Cheers x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar