Breaking News With the 18th pick of the 2022 NFL Draft, the Titans select WR Treylon Burks, Arkansas

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

The 5th year option is the big piece I agree with and the only reason I don’t mind Tennessee (not just any team) takes a first round WR

2. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

5th year option didn't help with Brown...

3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Maybe an option year shouldn’t be limited to first rounders?

4. Young54

Young54 Starter

hmm... can't tell if this is sarcasm or not

5. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

The way things are going, that 5th year will be costly

6. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I mean, we've been worse off..... Corey Davis and Taywan Taylor..... lol
    they were so bad for their pick value that 5th rounder Tajae Sharpe got a starter job

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

If you mean AJ Brown, he didn’t have a 5th year option because he was a 2nd rounder.

8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

As much as I liked Brown, the Titans did the right thing, I don't think his heart was in Nashville without a new deal....I don't think he's worth 25 mil but that's the market. Without a new deal he would have left in FA at the end of the season and who knows what year he would have gave us. He got 25 mil for 2 1000 yd seasons and getting dinged up...he was looking at a big payday anyway.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Young54

Young54 Starter

Yes, but costly for 1 year, not 4 or 5. It also gives you negotiation room in the 4th year to work out a reasonable extension. If it doesn't work out, the player shouldn't be diva unhappy because they know they're getting a payday the following year regardless. If they ball out that year, then they can get paid somewhere else and we get a comp.

10. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I liked Brown too.... but when you're in a contract dispute with an injury prone WR and you can get the value of a 1st round pick out of a trade.... then you crushed his draft selection..

Turning a 2nd round pick in 2019, into a 1st round and a 3rd round in 2022.

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar