Would you trade away our 1st round pick for Philip Rivers?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Dec 8, 2014.

?
  1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. No

84 vote(s)
    77.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

hey man...this site messes up my quotes on my phone. no other site does that...........

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

[QUOTE=" really? [/QUOT

#462 TitanJeff, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. 520

yes. itll jump up and start writing in the quote. or randomly replace words in the quote with what i write. #notmyfault

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Quote be drunk?

5. 520

**** be straight trippin homie

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

of course, but at this point last year we knew Mariota and Winston would be the top guys and expected Cook would be there too. So at this moment, Cook took a step back last season so we don't even know if he'll be a first rnd pick next season and no one else has done anything to prove he's a franchise QB. So at the moment, it looks kind of bleak compared to what we expected at this point last year. Did we get any QB out of knowhere this season? Nope. While it certainly IS a possiblity (Kevin White came out of nowhere as a WR), it's really makes holding out hope for a franchise QB in 2016 to be just that...HOPE someone will emerge but I think we could end up with another draft where a Locker and Gabbert and Ponder types get pushed into rnd 1 because there is no one else and few teams if any want to spend the time to develop a QB properly.

If we drafted Mariota but he's not ready from day 1, Mett starts until (if) Mariota is ready. Even if Mariota didn't start a game until we were out of the playoffs (assuming for the moment Mett doesn't play well), he'd be getting NFL coaching and have a year of preparation and learning the system by the time 2016 came around which would likely be far ahead of any rookie QB coming out in 2016. At least, that would be the thinking of why you take Mariota now.

7. xhrr

xhrr Starter

What The hell are you talking about when it comes to the Falcons? The last time they picked at 3 they took Matt Ryan. They haven't picked at the two spot since drafting him.

8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I'm looking at cook and hackenburg.

9. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

The Titans should have a firm "Never Again" policy on doing this.

Luckily this is one thing Whis seems to understand as well, as he flat out said "If you pick Mariota, he is your day 1 starter".

The days of picking a QB top 5, and then putting him under the Christmas tree for a year is not a luxury a team that is picking in the top 5 can afford.

Throw him into the starting lineup and see what you have. He isn't the project QB he is made out to be, anyway.

Then again, I'm not in the camp that believes you can "ruin" a QB by playing him early.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Honestly, nobody is a safe pick when drafting a QB. It's a whole different world at the NFL level. Of course it's a risky choice, but the reward literally can turn your franchise around. LW is not 100% safe either. I get tired of hearing that word thrown around...Stud prospects are average or suck at the next level quite often.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar