Wycheck thinks Titans should go RB with #24

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80738ec1

I couldn't disagree more. And I don't believe WRs taken in the first round are any more risky than RBs. The difference is that RBs usually contribute sooner.

White was productive last season with defenses not respecting the passing game at all. Henry was the third-down, change-of-pace option with breakaway speed up to the point of his suspension. Both are young. Both should improve. What the offense needs are weapons for Young AND his improvement as a QB.

Kick returners can be had much later than the first. I could see the Titans going with a WR/KR or CB/KR in the second or third.

Unless a RB is the best player available at #24, BY FAR, I don't see it happening. I see WR, TE, DE and CB as being higher needs entering the draft.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Yeah Frank Wycheck didn't make a lot of sense to me. If he wants a play maker type then why not Desean Jackson?

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Jackson is built like a 10 year old girl. Is he a complete WR? Sure if he doesn't get killed on ST's, he could help there. But getting one of those multi threat RB's is logical to me. Not my first choice, but depending on who's there.....

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

ten year old girl... :grrhee:

5. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Draft Slaton late! The guy can return kicks and could line up in the slot if needed. No Jackson.

6. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Slaton is destined for the Arena league he doesn't have the talent to be in this league. I would love for us to get Jamal Charles or Chris Johnson. Neither will be available when we pick in the 2nd and both are the type of change up we need to make our running game complete.

As it is right now both are shooting up the draft charts and it is likely both will be gone by the end of the 1st.

There will still be some good Wrs in the 2nd that could really help us like Bennett Cauldwell or Manningham.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

frank wycheck is old and obviously doesn't know what the hell he's talking about

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

one too many concussions for old frank.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

i think RB is up there on our needs for sure. As inconsistent as Chris Brown was, he at least had some good games, White has none. Sure, he's had some 100 yard games, but many 2nd stringers in this league would get that with as many carries as White's getting, plus the lack of a passing game. The only way I'll be unhappy is if we get a TE, OL, or DL.

10. Greenlawler

Greenlawler Gorman Thomas Fan Club

Although I would hate to use yet another high pick on Running Back, "Fisherball" works best when we have a stud at RB. In my opinion we have whiffed on our recent RB picks. The jury is still out on both Henry and White but if a guy drops to us we could take him. I can hear the collective moan now. Just like the last two years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar