xpmar9x's Mock Draft (updated 4/7)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I like Fowler a lot as well, and I won't be mad if they take him. That said guys like Williams don't come around often. They need to take him if for nothing else, he is multi-dimensional. He will play inside and out, and we need all the help we can get. I also like Shelton for that reason...just a big mauling mess in the middle with athleticism to collapse the pocket, and stuff the run. Those are guys you have to game plan for, that don't fall of trees. Grab a pass rusher in FA mixed with that, and watch out!!!!

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm really going to dive into Williams & Fowlers game tapes, atleast all I can find online. I think ultimately 1 of the 2 will be on our team. I like both right now, just Fowler edges Williams. Lets see how that changes in about a week or two.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I'd be happy with either. If they trade back, grab Beasley, Shelton, or Trae. Very deep in a few positions this year, they could kill it if they rob someone on a trade for Mariota

4. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

5. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

I posted this in another thread but honestly I think the Titans could (and should) draft both. Draft Williams at 2 and trade whatever it takes to come back into the top 10 to get Fowler. Next years draft doesnt seem to have much of need anyway. I'd do it.

Titans arent as far away as many think.

I supplemented these picks with a complete mock offseason the offseason thread to understand my point of view.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

As much as I like me some Dante Flower, I think Williams is a safer pick and a solid building block.

If the pick is Flower I won't be mad though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Im not against Fowler, I just dont want him in that 2 spot. If Fowler is who we really want i think we could trade with the Jets at that 6 spot and get him.

Jags will get Leonard. The only team we would have to worry about, would be the Redskins.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'm sure my opinion will change next week but the more I think about the more trading back a few spots would be best. It's really just going to come down to free agency, obviously. If we add a DT and only bring back Morgan, then I want Fowler. If we bring back Morgan and find another pass rusher and don't upgrade DT, then Williams is the obvious choice.

I think it's more likely we can find someone to help our run defense than finding a really good edge rusher in free agency. Spend the money to sure up the line then get a playmaker in the draft. The pass rushing/OLB field reminds me of the WR field in last year's draft, a lot of quality depth at the top. We can trade back a few spots for whatever team is desperate for Mariota/Fowler/Williams (Jets would be ideal) and still get Cooper/Beasley/Dupree. Along with 2 other additional picks.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

If/when we stay at #2 and take Leonard Williams, I have an extremely hard time decided who I want at #33.

10. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Top pass rusher/Top receiver is what I would do.

Eli Harold is a guy to keep an eye on. I would like to see him put on weight tho.

Im thinking a top receiver is bound to fall into the 2nd.

With that said, if the BPA is a corner or OL, I would not be upset with that selection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar