"Young" gunners (fans)...lol...read this article

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ammotroop, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

He's definitely making some strong statements in there at least. He'll either be totally exonerated in a year or two, or completely off... good thing readers have VERY short memories in most cases...

3. Leinart -- not Jay Cutler -- is this draft's most overrated quarterback.

im so glad that an actual reporter thinks the same thing as me

4. GoTitans3801

I kind of like it. The raiders trade up to #2, take leinart, we go down to #7, still take young, get porter, and Leinart ends up being a huge bust and young takes off. I think we'd definitely be the biggest winners of the draft.

5. GoTitans3801

Not to mention that we would own the raiders in smack forums for the next fifteen years.

6. probally not 15 unless we carry it over a few when vince retires

7. I feel Leinart is overated yet he could probably go into the NFL quicker than Young could, I'm not afraid to say that, but for the Titans Young would be a better player for the future or perhaps late this season, and by the end of the year, Leinart will have 11 Interceptions, 1 TD, and looking like Tim Couch, ha ha ha ha ha

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I wish everyone would SHUT UP about Vince Young.

That way I'd feel better he'd be there at #3 for us!

9. GoTitans3801

Well, he's dropping on a lot of draft boards, if we drop to # 7, it would be very possible that he would be there for us. That presumes the raiders are trading up for Matt, but then who would pick young? I think the Jets would rather take Cutler, but will actually take Dbrick or mario. The other teams don't seem like they'd take young, none has a good fit for him.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Who is Young a good fit for? Unless we put together a 2000 Ravens / 85 Bears defense and a young Eddie George pops out of nowhere Young is not going to be the answer for years if then. Even if Young is the next McNair we will have to have on heck of a team around him to win in the next three years.
    I agree with LazyManJackson's comment that Leinart is overated. Outside of ideal size his physical attributes are not great. That doesn't mean he is going to bust but he is nowhere near where other top QBs in the draft were physically like Carson Palmer. He reminds me of a Manning mentally without the long term enthusiam for the game (and I don't want to hear a bunch of bunk about Manning not winning the big game, if Manning had been the USC QB the Texas game would not have been close).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar