18 game season. Who's for it? Who's against it?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Aug 3, 2009.

?
  1. I'm against it.

15 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. I'm all for it.

31 vote(s)
    64.6%
  3. I'm indifferent.

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

17 games and 3 preseason = 20!
    No need for even # of regular season games.
    Hate to see 8-8 teams.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

could 1 of those preseason games be in Mexico City or Valhalla?

3. djones51

djones51 Rookie

I'm 100% for it. Honestly how many players make the team just because of the final 2 preseason games? The coaches know in practice. Just start camps 2 weeks earlier to make up for the 2 lost preseason games. As a PSL holder, we have to purchase the tickets either way, so they mine as well mean something. As far as the schedule, replace one AFC division team with same finish position with another total AFC division, that takes 1 away and adds 3 = 18 games.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

replace one AFC division team with same finish position with another total AFC division
    rematch? (because that already happens as part of the conference slate) Could add to more respective finish nfc games (rotating basis) I like that. That would work.

more interconference play. :spud:

5. djones51

djones51 Rookie

Im all up for that also. I have always said that 4 preseason games are pointless. When it is all said and done, it means absolutely nothing if you win or lose and there is nothing done that could not be done in practice. Heck, schedule teams to practice against each other, free to the public. I just think it is pointless to make PSL holders pay regular season price for games that mean nothing to the rest of the NFL.

But what do I know, I am the one who pays to go to the game, not the one being paid to be there...

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It's been said that if they went down to 2 preseason games, more teams would schedule scrimmages against each other. I'd be all for that, whether or not I'd get to see them.

I'm in favor of both of the above ideas to make it 17 games, or to make us play two out of the three other conferences every season if it's 18.

7. xTitanNicx

xTitanNicx Camp Fodder

I had to vote for it. I absolutely love to watch football and hate the waiting between seasons. Let's make more of it count for something. 2 preseason games, 1 against the AFC the other against the NFC and then "let's get it on"

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Oh, dang.. I voted "all for it", thinking 18 games as opposed to 20 (16 = 4 preseason). I heard some argument on ESPN yesterday wich made me think this was the subject.

The bottom line is that this game causes injuries... I don't think we need more. By week 8, half of the starters are on IR or PUP'd.

So, I'm against an 18-game regular season. Besides, I shouldn't stay out of church for that long :ha:

(fyi: games start very early here...)

9. LoneStarPhan

LoneStarPhan Starter

Preseason games get old fast. I support reducing preseason games for more regular season games.

I also like the idea of increased rosters to help get through the injuries.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar