Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

1st in the league on 4th down.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Nov 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Washington
    Moolah:
    $23,699
    One thing I will admit about Munchak is that he will go for it on 4th down. If I'm correct, we are 8 for 9 on 4th down. That is an amazing stat.

How much do you guys want to bet Fisher would have kicked a FG today with 3 mins left to make it 17-16 Bucs?

Haven't really been the biggest Munchak supporter, but it's good to have a Head Coach that is willing to gamble.
  2. Titansfan12 Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $75
    We are 8-11 because of the first quarter try. I thought we should have just taken the field goal in the first place
  3. wrench248 Starter

Moolah:
    $1,794
    they are 8/10 or 8/11 i think, but I agree I like that Munch doesnt always settle for FG's
  4. Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Washington
    Moolah:
    $23,699
    8 for 11? Really? I thought it was better than that.

Anyhow, it's still a good stat to have.
  5. Titaneers Ultimate Player

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,429
    that's a good point... if fisher was coaching, that TD would've never happen which meant we probably would've lost today..
  6. Titansfan12 Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $75
    Actually it might be 9-11
  7. damersbrah Special Teams Standout

George
    Moolah:
    $401
    How much you wanna bet he would've kicked the FG on the earlier 4th and 2, which means that FG with 3 mins left would've been good for 19-17. A win either way. I'm pleased with Munchak's aggressiveness, but don't use it as a chance to take a shot at Fisher.
  8. Woy PA's finest.

Moolah:
    $0
    I like Munch's aggressive philosophy on fourth downs, but he needs to stop going to the flood play in that situation. I knew that was coming from the start on the first fourth down conversion attempt.
  9. Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

Matthews
    Moolah:
    $1,229
    It was gutsy to go for it with 3 mins left, if it failed there would have been lots of second guessers.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
  10. Titaneers Ultimate Player

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,429
    correct, but with the bucs moving the ball like they were in that final drive, they probably would've won with a FG at the end...
    but then again... we never know..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.