2013 Tennessee Volunteers

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Tennessy XO, Aug 15, 2013.

1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You should've been nervous before yesterday. UT sucks and WKU has been improving. And with Petrino, you never know what's going to happen.

Unfortunately for WKU, this is just an audition for Petrino. He could be one and done. As soon as a high profile school offers him a job, he's gone.
  2. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Starter

i think he'll stay for 2-3 years. another school wants to see more than one year of good behavior. i think three years.
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 As old as Titan. Tip Jar Donor

I am pretty real sure that World Peace and I have a donation bet to GoTitans for this game. If UT wins he donates $25 to GoTitans in my name. If WKU wins I donate $25 to GoTitans in his name.

How do I link his name? Someone do it and lets make sure he doesnt welch on this bet.
  4. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Hard to tell much about our game against AP except they executed well and obviously called the dogs off at half time. The best stat of the night...ZERO penalties. First game under new system...that's impressive no matter who the opponent is.

WKU will be a much, much stiffer test. I expect a close game. This is Petrino's last shot at a "top conf." opponent so very important to him as he is most certainly going to jump ship after this season once a bigger program comes calling. What he lacks in ethics, he makes up for in coaching. If we can run the ball, I think we win.
  5. jdog

jdog I like beer!

Seems to me that Jones held off on the pass game a lot. It appears that the running game is back but too soon to tell about any teams form at this point. Only thing for sure is I hope it is cooler with lower humidity at Neyland this Saturday.
  6. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

We held off on the passing game because wasn't really necessary. I thought Worley played great from an efficiency standpoint. But our most important thing is to get the running game going. It opens up the passing game and helps keep the defense fresh. I think that is why we emphasized it so much...of course once they got got up by 45, the only thing they emphasized was getting the game over.
  7. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Defensive Coordinator

I didn't like seeing Worley try to lead-block on the read option plays. He'll get slaughtered if he tries that against SEC opponents.
  8. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Part of the read option is that the QB has to lead block. On the plus side, looks like Maggitt will be playing which is huge.
  9. Tennessy XO

Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

Worley is expendable. Our future QB most likely isn't on the team yet because Worley and the bench are ehhhhhhhh
  10. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I think Dobbs or ferguson are sec talent, but true freshman. Both highly thought of out of hs