2014 GoTitans GM Mock Draft Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Feb 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

This is the official GM Mock Draft Thread. This thread will be to discuss rules, requirements and post the results of the drawing.

Indicate whether you'd like to participate in this thread and I'll high-five you if you meet the requirements.

HOW IT WORKS
    The purpose of this is to select the player for your franchise based on who you would take, not the player you think the team will actually take in the draft.

RULES
    1. Names will be drawn out of a hat. Ideally we'll have at least 16 people, which would allow everyone to have two teams to speed things up. I'll allow up to 32 posters if they're all quality posters.

2. A requirement of 500 posts will be a soft requirement to participate. If you have less than 500 posts I will make a judgement call on whether you can participate. I'm on the board enough to see if you have signed up recently but contribute regularly. If you signed up ten years ago and barely 500 posts I probably won't allow you participate because those are typically the people who screw things up.

3. We will be doing the first two rounds, so be prepared for that commitment.

3. You will have 12 hours to make your pick. If I start things off at 8am on Monday the player in slot two will have until 8pm Monday to make your pick. If you do not make your pick at that point I will select the player Mel Kiper has in that spot. If Kiper's selection has already been picked I will use Todd McShay's mock. If McShay's player is already selected I will use Daniel Jeremiah's mock.

4. If you are drawn for either the Rams or the Browns you will not be eligible for a second team because those two teams have so many selections in the first two rounds.

5. No joke selections. Last year someone thought it would be funny to fake pick a long snapper from a directional school in the first round. The poster with the next pick thought it was a genuine pick and continued the draft. This is pretty disrespectful to myself and the people who take this game seriously. It takes a lot of time to organize this thing.

6. When you make your selection I would prefer it if you did it in the format of, "with the X pick of the 2014 NFL Draft the Ys select Z(name, position, college). If you want to include a picture feel free.

7. NO TRADES! In the interest of keeping this thing as simple as possible, we will not be trading coaches, draft picks or players.

The start date will be decided in this thread. I'm open to suggestions. And if I missed anything please feel free to post.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

In and ill delete my thread

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ok to know youre not tampering with the names, I want a live video feed of you doing this, if you refuse, I will lobby everyone to recommend I do it in my Titans boxers with Berry White playing in the background.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

In --- this seems like the 25891258th thread discussing this

Can we start?

5. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

Judge me if you must... But my less than 200 posts are all quality and carefully planned!!!

Haha. I'm in if I pass the judgement!

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He has a ninja turtle avatar, we could probably trust him

• High Five High Five x 4
  7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I'm in

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Innegan2win

I'm in again to win.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

But the avatar has Raphaels headband and Michaelangelos elbow bands... while holding a beer. To me that means he got drunk, killed Michaelangelo, and stole his elbow bands as a trophy. You're willing to trust that?

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

Scarecrow are you doing one too? Interested in doing one or the other but not both. Do not have enough messages but if you give me 10 days I can make it happen.

Also, Fry is there an outcome to this? Do we decide who improved their team the best/who made the best picks or something or is it just for fun?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar