2014 NFL Draft : Pick #112 - DT DaQuan Jones

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by A.D., May 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Thank god then, cause that tape is hideous. I'll gladly give him the benefit of the doubt.

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I watched it. I'm not really sure what you expected.

3. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I dislike this pick not because I don't like Da'Quan but because of who we passed on. We could have had Martavis Bryant here. Dude is 6'5 and ran a sub 4.4 and would be the perfect #4 receiver and ready to take on the #3 role next year when Nate leaves. We already have a lot of bodies on the defensive line and even Ruston compared Da'Quan to Al Woods and said they were "very similar." So why is Ruston drafting a guy who is "very similar" to someone we already have on the roster when we could have had a legit #4 receiver? God help us if Kendall or Hunter goes down this year. Could be a long year.

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Because we have Preston? And WRs normally take 2 years to develope.

5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

If you think Preston is as good as Bryant is going to be, or is at this moment, it's not worth discussing.

6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Preston has been finding his niche. WRs are one of the hardest to translate to the nfl as well so take what you believe with a grain of salt. It'll matter once he shows up to camp.

The rule of thumb with a WR is "in about 2 years...."

7. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Very Inconsistent from what I have studied. Seemed to be at his best when bull rushing. Saw him make a lot of plays where there seemed to be some confusion in the blocking assignments. Gets a little carried away with the arm over swim move, allowing his pad level to stay high. His good is very good, his bad is ugly. Holds his ground / gap well most of the time from what I saw. I think he was taken right where he belongs. Definitely see his upside.

8. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I was wondering the same thing myself.I was a bit surprised we passed on Bryant as well.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Just really dug into Jones vs Michigan and OSU. Tale of two players. Dominant vs. Michigan. Dominated vs OSU.. I got a mixed bag vs Syracuse.Nothing to write home about vs Minnesota either. Again, IMO, not the steal Kiper and Mayock talk about, but not a reach by any stretch. Just on game tape hes late 3rd/ early 4th round. I am much more intrigued by Avery Williamson,so far as day 3 picks go.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Bryant never really did anything in college. 61 career catches. I would have liked to pick him up at some point based on his athleticism, but to talk about his skill at WR as though he's something special is ridiculous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar