2017 Free Agent WR's

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ICBW, Oct 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

While there's still tons of media hype and the combine to go, I think you exaggerate how late he will go, but I think others have hyped how early he will go.
    Late first round - early 2nd. My thoughts.

He does fill a couple issues for the Titans. KR/PR and CB, he's probably better than what we have.

2. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Well the mock's I've looked at have him late first, early second. And since we don't have a 2nd rounder, we'd have to grab him at #18 if we couldn't trade back and we identified him as a guy we want.

Walter Football currently has us taking Marshon Lattimore at #18 now. Would not mind that one bit either. They also have us taking the LSU safety at #5, but if we could pull Berry away from KC, we could look elsewhere.

For what it's worth, a friends sister-in-law works in the Titans front office and hears that the rumor mill is that we want Berry badly, and he may be interested in returning to TN. Obviously take this with a massive pile of salt, but it's fun to think about!

3. HurrayTitans!

^
    Yes, you heard it here first. Eric Berry badly wants to come back to Tennessee!!!!!

This is how rumors start. start spreading it like wild fire and maybe it comes true.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

we dont need another Manning to TN type of thing

5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I'm sure 31 other teams want Berry badly as well

6. JCBRAVE

probably safe to cross off half the league, lot of teams dont have the money it would take to lure him away from KC, and the other teams that do have the money dont have the need at Safety...

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. HurrayTitans!

The offseason has SOOOO much boring time in between the SB and FA/Draft. Another Manning thing won't be that bad. Plus, if KC actually lets him go, I think we have a legit shot to get him unlike Manning.

8. JCBRAVE

Chief fans on chiefplanet.com seem tho think the FO and Berry are at a crossroads.. But IDK those people well enough to take their word...

Anybody ever recall seeing anything about berry and the Chiefs management not being on the same page?

9. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Let's look at the positives from Berry's point of view on coming to TN:
    • Titans have a need at Safety for a team leader in secondary
    • Close to home (he's from North Georgia)
    • Lots of cap space (read: can pay)
    • Defense on the rise with legendary DC
    • Team as a hole on the rise with a solidified starting QB
    • No income tax in TN
    • Could be a Troy Polamalu type player with Lebau
    I know it's early, but I feel decent about our chances!

Also, they have Donteri Poe as a FA as well and need to pay him. They're also not in a great cap situation comparatively either.

10. rekirts

rekirts Starter

The only thing that matters to players in FA: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar