Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

A little snarky comment from XBOX executive

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Alex1939, Apr 6, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 I'm a mean old man

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,034
    http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugge...rsy-always-xbox-twitter-tirade-173337715.html

"Sorry, I don't get the drama around having an "always on" console. Every device now is "always on". That is the world we live in" - Adam Orth Microsoft creative director.

“Did you learn nothing from Diablo III or SimCity? You know some people’s internet goes out right?” Heir tweeted back.

“Electricity goes out too,” replied Orth, prompting Heir to point out that not everyone lives in well-connected areas.

“Try living in Janesville, WI or Blacksburg, VA,” tweeted Heir.

“Why on earth would I live there?” Orth responded.

Not a big deal? Well I've actually been on the fence about whether to go PS4 or the new XBox, but this made my decision for me. I was actually considering buying both as well.

Due to where my console is, internet connection can be spotty at times. It's mostly fine but occasionally there are interruptions. The only guaranteed fix has been to drag a wire across my house and plug in directly to the console. Obviously I don't want to do this.

So I won't even be able to play a single player game on new XBox without being constantly connected to the internet. This is all in an effort to kill the used games industry.

MSFT is screwing the pooch on this one.
    GoT and Titans Eternal high five this.
  1. Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

McNair
    Moolah:
    $9,805
    This does make my next gen decision extremely easy if this is the way Microsoft goes.
  2. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $53,216
    Not a big deal to me because I am always on when my Xbox is on. If I get disconnected, I don't want to play anyways.
    Titanic_Sub and Deuce Wayne high five this.
  3. RockyTop Fox Defensive Coordinator

Locker
    Moolah:
    $3,611
    It's definitely a bit disappointing, but not the end of the world. Ask PC games how they feel about not having used games, you'll probably get generally positive responses. As far as having to be connected to the internet goes, that sucks, but again not a huge problem. If I'm stuck at home with no internet, I'll probably dust off the N64 or PS2 or something.
  4. Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

McNair
    Moolah:
    $9,805
    Ask people that were playing the new Sim City how they feel about the ability to actually play their game being dependent on their internet connection and EA's servers.
    GoT high fives this.
  5. RTH Meh...

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $8,870
    I only buy and play used games. Works for me, not for everyone though. I enjoy single player games as well and Time Warner sucks balls at times, so I can't count on internet all the time.
  6. Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,057
    I don't understand the purpose of it, while he may not understand the drama, what is the purpose?

If this and blocking used games are standard, count me out for that bullsh**.
  7. Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $4,858
  8. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $84
    After Microsoft's cluster **** with the RROD, staying with Sony is outrageously easy.
    Ensconatus high fives this.
  9. Aqutis30 Starter

D. Williams
    Moolah:
    $2,872
    gaming PC > any gaming console