a truck for Albert

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ONUV, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I saw an out of county Ford Focus on I-24 just yesterday. It was burning so much oil there was a freakin' smoke screen coming out of the back of it. I don't really buy that new cars don't/can't have problems. Look man, registration tags in Hamilton are $25 plus the $10 emmisions testing fee. That's super reasonable. We don't have a wheel tax. I never really thought about exemptions for much older cars but I'll tell you this. If there is not a computer link on the auto they probe the tail pipe. They may have a different standard for older vehicles but every car is subject to emmissions in Hamilton. It may not be set up that way in your county.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Big TT, do you ever wonder what the engine driving emmision testing is? Bureaucratic greed? Hardly. Economic growth. Chattanooga is trying desperately to attract industry. We need good paying industrial jobs here. Enviromental policy is part of the puzzle. The EPA sets limits on how much pollution is allowed in the air. Manufacturing requires a certain "pollution allowance" if you will. Hamilton needs to bring it's pollution levels down to accomadate growth in the industrial sector. This has a far reaching economic impact. Without emmision testing Chattanooga wouldn't be a desirable place for new manufacturing sites. Like it or not economic growth and enviromental policy go hand in hand.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Rutherford county has been in EPA compliance for over a decade. Rutherford is one of the fastest growing counties in the country.

Rutherford came into compliance when two "old school" boat manufacturers shut their doors around the same time. Those two Stationary Emmitters put the county on the EPAs map not the huge influx of people and their Foci.

BigTT is completly correct about emmissions testing. Total money grab by the counties. Rutherford upped the fee to $10, from $6 - a 67% increase for those following at home, specifically because it was not bringing in enough revenue. They don't even pretend it is anything more than about the $$$ here.

If they would actually test something that was of value, instead of emmissions, then the fee would not be so bad. How about a basic safety test. Headlights, brakelights ect. It would not be worth $10 a year too me, but if it saved me from getting a nusience ticket once a decade then it is a wash.

Hey Sec330 did Chattanooga recently pass any notable population thresholds making the emmissions testing a viable $$$ option for the county? I'm betting the county probably passed 250k or something like that. Although I do agree completly with your economic assessment. Problem I have with it is that some retiree on a fixed income has too pay $10 to subsidize, in a small way, big industry. Just a thought

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I saw haynesworth's black ford truck when he pulled into the wild noodle this summer. It's cool enough.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

What do you mean " haynesworth's black for truck " ?

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

[​IMG]
    He be pimpin' in dat Haynesworth.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar