About the TE position for the TiTans...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm pulling for Kinney to make a return.

2. Scaife, Troupe, and Hartsock. There's no need to add anyone else.

3. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

I'd be thrilled if we sign Graham. Hartsock is not good. Graham would play better for the Titans than the Pats. Fisher is more determined to feature a power running game at all costs than Belechick. Graham is a very good blocker and fits our system better. The Pats sub him a lot when they want to spread the field. With Brady at QB, that is a wise move.

Our 2 top TEs now both have very serious injury risks attached to them. We need 3 that can play.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

To be fair, Hartsock needs a camp and preseason to show us his full potential.

I don't see the Titans bringing in a free agent or using a pick above the sixth round UNLESS they've given up on Troupe.

5. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

The Titans need to have an inline blocking TE, something nobody here wants to mention. Troupe improved his blocking last year, but still leaves some to be desired. Scaife is a H-back, not a TE in the traditional sense, and even less of a blocker than Troupe. Hartsock should be able to fill Kinney's role as a blocker, if he's healthy. He came to us last year after an injury and as Jeff says, we should see how good he can be this summer.

Fisher loves to run the ball, and with Hall as a lead-blocking FB, a good inline blocking TE can help get the Titans back to being a strong running team. It looks kind of silly to have Hall as a lead blocker but no blocking TE on third and one.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Troupe > Graham. The guy had an off year. It happens. But his potential is far beyond Graham's.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

not really, he played in a prolific offense with colts and managed to have 6 receptions for 41 yards and 0 tds in two seasons. he just isnt very good as far as catching the ball.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think he is more talented and athletically gifted, but troupe is as dumb as a box of rocks.

i saw him getting yelled at numerous times before he got injured. did anyone notice the only routes he ran were in the flat? i guess the coaches figured he couldnt screw that up and could run someone over for a first down.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I still don't get why we are ready to give up on Troupe and why Graham is all of a sudden thought of as some TE stud. The guy is average at best, much much less as a playmaker than Troupe, no better blocker than Hartsock (probally not as good) and all around not better than Scaife.

I can see using a second day pick (a late one like Scaife was) on a TE they like who would have to beat out Hartsock in camp to get a roster spot. We are not going to carry more than three TEs and I would hate to sign Graham so he could be our #3 TE.

10. Nash

Nash Starter

First, back to the overpaying Givens.. in case we ever forget, after the 05 season, we sucked pretty bad with a lot of rebuilding ahead of us.. it's hard to convince FA's to come here and take on that task without some extra cash incentive.. we paid what we had to pay at the time to get the ship turned around,, if it were this off season we might not have had to pay as much because a player would think he was going to a team on the way up... as for the Troupe comment...great physical talent but does he know the plays and formations?? does he make the right reads? perhaps Troupe's low Wonderlick caught up with him in that way...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar