Actors/Actresses whose movies you refuse to watch

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Childress79, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I can only imagine how ticked off Gary Oldman must have been after obviously putting all every inch of his skills into playing Count Dracula (and a helluva job he did) to have to share scenes with Keanu, who looked as if he wasn't exactly sure if he was still shooting scenes from Speed or Bill/Ted. Coppola should have fired him on the first day.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I'm actually a pretty big Keanu defender (I'll defend Keanu and Slater to the death, sir!), but you're basically on the nose here. He had no business being in that film. It felt wrong the minute you saw him, but then it just felt like you were in another reality when he first meets Oldman's Dracula.

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

To those who say that Daniel Day Lewis is boring or over-acts. I don't want to discuss movies with people who think Bill The Butcher or Daniel Plainview aren't fantastic performances. I'm not saying your opinion doesn't matter, but there's just no arguing that those are remarkable characters. Lewis tends to always elevate in anything I've personally ever seen him in. Hell, he even made Nine watchable for me, and that was s***.

5. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Bill The Butcher was the highlight of Gangs, but overall, Cameron Diaz ruined that movie for me.

Not a lot of actors can be in a movie with Leonardo Dicaprio and make him look completely inferior like the way DDL did.

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Yeah, if I made a list of just terrible, bizarre, different dimensional castings, Diaz would probably be Top 20 All-Time in this film. To be fair To Dicaprio, that was early Dicaprio, well before he started churning out these solid roles. And for 75% of the film, Dicaprio kind of had to stand around in awe of how crazy and epic Bill the Butcher was. He did what was required. The film was basically DDL going all out and Scorsese creating a pretty fun and engaging 1862 (?) New York City.

7. GeronimoJackson

That's a good point, it was really DDL's movie. But Leo's been in good roles even in his very early boyish days... Marvin's Room, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, The Basketball Diaries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsuEQP9i3iw

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

See, I used to defend Dicaprio's acting abilities about 6 years ago, before Dicaprio was cool to like again, I had to use Grape and Basketball Diaries to defend the poor guy.

9. GeronimoJackson

Hah, I know what you mean. If you were a guy, it wasn't "cool" to like Leo after Romeo and Juliet and Titanic. He went through 3 phases, first he was the troubled teen, then he was the heartthrob, and now it's "cool" to like him again since he's now getting the badas* roles.

I thought he should have gotten the nomination for best actor in The Departed instead of Blood Diamond though. There were resembling traits, but the role in The Departed was harder to play, not only did he had to act well, but he had to act like he was acting...well, and there there were moments where you felt he was genuinely scared sh*tless when he was undercover.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I didn't say Bill the Butcher wasn't a great performance. As great as people acted? Meh... probably not. People acted like Leo wasn't even there, while showing more diversity in his more simplified role. - but what's new?

That was a great character role though, and DDL played it perfect. I don't think non-actors really understand how much easier it is to do that though. Much like Johnny Depp. You put enough makeup and the right attire on a character, it's going to be hard for him not to turn out a great character performance if he's a character actor. See: Heath Ledger as Joker. He was talented enough and he ran with the look... it did the work for him almost.

DDL in TWBB though? Blah. I know 10 actors in hollywood off the top of my head that could have done better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar