Advice thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Scarecrow, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Both are easy IMO... Buffalo and Jennings. No question.

The Jets are flat out horrible on offense. Bills should destroy them.

MJD will be the 3rd down back according to Mularkey. Either way, Jennings will get 20 carries or so. Ridley will probably get 10-15 carries, tops. They will also use Vareen and Woodhead.

Buffalo's defense is likely available in most leagues, but I'm in 8 leagues (unfortunately - promised myself I'd only do 2 or 3) and I've yet to see Seattle fall out of the draft. I picked them in the 13th round in one league. They're a good defense. Considering they have four games against the Rams and Cardinals, I expect them to rack up great numbers.

What idiot would drop Britt at this point?

Did he drop him for Ogletree?

2. RavensShallBurn

As for my decision for my W/R slot between Donald Brown, Michael Bush, Ben Tate, and Michael Crabtree, I'm going with Tate (as of now).

Who said Foster would be getting hurt all season? This guy! I avoided him in all drafts no matter where I picked and decided to draft Tate in all leagues in the later rounds.

Foster left practice today after hurting his knee... expect that to continue all year and probably for the rest of his career.

Whether or not he does get the start, I'm still going with Tate because this will definitely reduce Foster's carries. The Dolphins do have a good run defense (at least they did last year), but I've gotta go with Tate. I think he gets by far the most touches of all my options - other than Donald Brown - who will likely do nothing against the Bears.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

IDK who he picked up, and don't care, but he must have panicked when he saw "SSPD" under Britt's name.

I bet that guy saw SSPD and thought he was gone for weeks.

4. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

Glad i went with Jordy Nelson over Nicks this week. Nicks was useless.

Which 2 RBs would you guys want out of these? Mathews, Murry or Dough Martin.

5. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Matthews and Murray...Martin may be a good back but I think TB is gonna struggle this year

6. Na$hville

Na$hville Veteran

RG3 went harddddd on them saints :cigar:

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Ok. I have a dilemma.

I'm not very excited about my two qb's. I got Stafford and Schaub. Stafford had 1td/3picks last week and detroit is playing the SF d this week. Schaub is going against the jags.

Who do I start? Who could I possibly lean on more often during this season? Both of them have some decent wr's, but I know eventually Schaub is gonna go down. My first time doing FF, someone help meh !

8. RavensShallBurn

One of my best friends in my league has the same scenario. I see he already switched to Schaub.

Personally, I like to stick to my #1 guy no matter what as long as my #2 isn't consistently topping his numbers, but this is definitely a tough situation. Tough call.

Not too big a fan of switching back and forth between QBs or any other position (unless absolutely necessariy) for that matter.

Sorry for not being able to give a definitive answer! Just gotta go with your gut. I would still expect AJ and Megatron to have huge games... The one downside Schaub has is Foster - he can take all the TDs. Lions don't have any RBs who will do anything against that 9ers defense, so it'll be all Stafford. I bet he throws 2-3 picks again though.

9. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Well that didn't help at all.

<3

I switched to Schaub also, like your friend. I really just don't know who to play. Excellent point about Foster, though. I'd imagine if they get a lead on the jags, they will start running it.

OR... will Schaub toss a few screens for 80 yards?

gd i hate fantasy football

10. RavensShallBurn

There's gotta be one you're leaning towards, right? Flip a coin or go with your gut.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar