Alan Lowry..... Fired

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fonzerrillii23, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Marc Mariani oh wait

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Its not so much that losing Lowry was the line in the sand.......

It is the rumor flying around that the guy replacing him is one of Munch's buddies from back in the day. You know, the kind of **** that got us in this position in the first place.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. fonzerrillii23

fonzerrillii23 Starter

Carpy... Late response... but you are an idiot.

4. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Reynaud was only marginally worse as a RB than he was as a returner. He averaged 2.1ypc and caught 5 passes all season. We could have replaced that production by putting Bironas in as our #3 RB.

Look, I don't know what culpabaility Reynaud should accept and what culpability Lowry should accept, but the notion that Lowry is untouchable amazes me.

I have no idea who will replace him. Wyatt has speculated, but he has been wrong more often than he has been right, so I'll reserve judgement until we see Munchak finalise all his moves. He implied on the radio this week that most coaching jobs will be sorted around the time of the Senior Bowl.

5. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

You know what happens when you hire your pals? No one takes **** seriously and things go south real quick. It's no different in professional sports. If this is what Munch is pulling then Bud needs to hand the team off to someone else that won't tolerate that bs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Responses in black.

Not attacking you Carpy, I think you are a great poster before this topic *might* get heated.

7. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is turning into a freaking joke. Lets fire everyone but the 2 clowns responsible for 95% of our mess.

8. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

No problem mate.

Personally, I have been hoping Lowry would get fired for many years now.

Despite a couple of good games this season, I am not surprised that Munchak let him go the first chance he got.

9. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

To say that Wyatt has been wrong more than he has been right is not at all accurate. He speculated that Hass would be the starter this season, that he got wrong. But as far as real news is concerned (coaching hires, player signings), he is rarely, if ever, wrong. He said Munch would be the guy the day of Fisher's firing. I don't usually agree with his opinions, but as far as news is concerned, there is no one better. But I understand that he said Chet was likely to be the guy, not that he was the guy. So it's not a done deal yet. But he knows what he's talking about.

10. fonzerrillii23

fonzerrillii23 Starter

Ok time to end the Reynaud stupidity.
    He is tied with the Second longest kick return in the league and tied with the forth longest punt return. Oh and how about he is tied with Jacoby Jones with the most special team TDs this season. I agree his Kick return average is low... but lets be real... If your team is down by 20 points most games, you would take chances too.

Oh and Look at the top 3 on punt return average in the LEAGUE..
    1 Leodis McKelvin, CB BUF 18 510 28.3 59 0 23 431 18.7 88 2 14
    2 Dwayne Harris, WR DAL 11 210 19.1 29 0 22 354 16.1 78 1 11
    3 Darius Reynaud, RB TEN 53 1240 23.4 105 1 31 410 13.2 81 2

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar