Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Alex Smith traded to the Chiefs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Two Kings, Feb 27, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. JMUTitan Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $640
    WOW - rotoworld just reported that the Chiefs gave up their second round pick this year for smith PLUS a conditional mid-rounder in 2014. Not the fourth rounder as previously mentioned. That's a steep price for a game manager. Chiefs just got took.
    Big Time Titan high fives this.
  2. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,046

They need corners and are a little old on the D line.
  3. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,127
    Kansas City will trade its second-round pick in the 2013 draft -- the second selection (No. 34 overall) in the round -- as well as another conditional mid-round pick in 2014.

I'd assumed 49ers could look to take a safety/CB with that pick.
  4. Dirk Diggler Starter

Moolah:
    $924
    Jesus H, San Fran basically got a first round pick for Alex freaking Smith.
  5. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,127
    Crazy to think a couple years ago nobody want Alex Smith. He had 1.5 good year(s) with an amazing coach, surrounded by a dominant OL/Run game and defense... now they flip him for a 2nd rounder?

Chiefs got screwed. I would of rather taken Joeckel and risked a 2nd on a QB.
  6. TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

Washington
    Moolah:
    $11,018
    you say that like he's terrible...

He was having an MVP season before he got hurt and the last 4 years he's been nothing short of efficient and gotten better each year.
    Titans Eternal high fives this.
  7. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,046
    Yep, Chiefs are going to suck. Andy Reid's reputation and career will be in the gutter. He should have taken a year off.
  8. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $52,850
    I think the Chiefs trading for Smith was the right move, but the price was too steep. Niners robbed them.

If the Niners' FO continues to do well in the draft, they will be virtually unstoppable next season. They get to pick 31st and 34th. Insane.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 Good picture of me from 10 years ago

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,856
    A 2nd round pick for a QB that could easily have close to a decade of good play left in him.

That's an acceptable risk.
    TheSureThing and Titans Eternal high five this.
  9. Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Morgan
    Moolah:
    $5,146
    A second round pick for a decent-good QB isn't overpaying at all. In case y'all haven't noticed the market price for QB's is steep.