Analyzing Whiz's Offense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Two Kings, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

There is NO question they like Carr, and most of us have that feeling...The kid is TERRIBLE under pressure, but I like his skill set...That worries me, but hey, it is what it is I guess.

2. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

What makes you think Carr is lasting to 11?

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Well considering IF he is there. I believe there's a good chance. All the QBs seem to be on the slide.

4. Clark

What's pressure in Whiz' system?

And he honestly wasn't that bad. The 30% stat doesn't show up on tape. What does is his simpleton reads and big arm tho.

5. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

I think David Carr won't let his brother make the same mistakes as he did. I forget who but someone posted a nice article about Derek, part of that article is he would make his lineman hit him after practice. With his brothers guidance I think he'll be the most prepared for the NFL.

6. CharlieB32

CharlieB32 Starter

This is exactly my feeling, I read the article (On ESPN I think it was) About him and his brother, and it seems to me that they are extremely close and David is doing all he can to help Derek learn from his mistakes.

At first I was against drafting Carr, but the more I've thought about it, the more it makes sense to me, and reading this stuff about Whiz's offense, and piecing it with what I've read about Carr (Get virtually zero college coverage in the UK), makes me feel like it's a great fit, as much as I like Jake.

7. Clark

Another suitor for this offense given the quick twitch reads and release. - JIMMY G.

I like his tape more than Carrs, and we can most likely get him in the second.

8. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Yes! I know his stock has risen but as of now with people like bridgewater and Bortles now sliding he could be a realistic pick for us in late rounds.

I think picking Jimmy G later > Carr at 11. IMO

9. Clark

I'd be fine with passing Carr for Jimmy. His release will go a LONG way in a west coast style O. Jimmy was also only one of two QB in this draft to have full tilt on the offense. He was allowed to make any adjustment he seemed fit. The other was Jeff Mathews of Cornell, for those of you wondering.

10. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Niiice. I didn't know that fun fact. That means he is good at reading the D. I also heard he is a complete Football nerd so this doesn't surprise me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar