Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

any chance we go after Steve Slaton

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by jstanley1730, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. jstanley1730 Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    i am wvu fan first, and i know we have not had very good success with drafting my alum....pac cough cough man......but slaton has unreal speed, played a ton in the slot as WR, and we could probably get him late 2nd-3rd...hell maybe 4th round... blog on espn below

Linehan not drawing a crowd

February 22, 2008 1:45 PM

I sort of feel bad for Rams coach Scott Linehan right now. Plenty of seats still available at this point. I'm pretty sure the NFL made this one bald guy go over and start peppering him with questions.

Everyone's more interested in West Virginia running back Steve Slaton. I've never seen him in person before today. He's an absolute beast. Now that Slaton's left the room, Linehan has two reporters in the audience.
  2. SARGO127 Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    I'd take a shot at him in the 3rd or 4th...
  3. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $22,525
    yeah i would be pumped. It couldn't be any worse than paul williams.
  4. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,329
    Maybe in the 4th. Otherwise, I don't think so. Guy got worse when he was supposed to be better. Being on the decline at age 21 isn't a good sign.
  5. Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    He wasn't the best running back on his own team. He wasn't even the second best. Sorry, I'll pass unless he's hanging around by the 7th.
  6. GLinks Titans on the Rise

Moolah:
    $670
    I'd consider him...after Chris Johnson, Justin Forsett, and maybe one or two other dudes for our 3rd down RB. I might even take Mike Hart over Slaton.
  7. Jwill1919 Coach

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $2,320
    At least Mike Hart is passionate about football. Slaton just mailed it in this year.
  8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Verner
    Moolah:
    $327
    Why hasn't The Gloat professed his man love for Mike Hart?
  9. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,833
    No earlier than the 4th rd. He simply isn't the prospect johnson, charles or jones are. And ray rice and mike hart are at least solid nfl backups who were workhorse backs in college. Slaton would be a third down back only in the nfl but we do need a back who can catch the ball.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,356
    I was wondering the same thing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.