Anybody see the almost titan fan v titan fan fight?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Alex1939, Sep 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Right after CJ scored... by main entrance, basically between sections 108-114, where they were handing out t-shirts pre-game, near all the beer stands.

Some guy brushed past Ricky Redneck and Ricky had to intimate and talk crap to 4 other titans fans. The 4 all looked middle eastern, I would say from India. But it was so stupid. Ricky Redneck did punk their whole crew out. But he was like, let's go outside and fight... we can do this outside... blah blah blah...

Like yeah, I gotta a $60 dollar ticket but I'd rather waste it and miss an entire half a game to fight outside. And it was Titan fan vs Titan fan, over a simple bump walking past somebody (which is common). Sorry to say it seemed pretty bigoted.

I just had to say it was a sad and angry experience. My group was ready to hold Ricky down if it really started considering there are a lot of children and elderly in that area. I will say the Ricky Redneck guy was pretty jacked.

Still it was totally uncalled for. And it was sad to see Titans fans about to fight each other, INSIDE the stadium. I've seen plenty of shenanigans out in the parking lots, but come on, enjoy the game, don't fight fellow fans at the stadium!

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

You shoulda come to the tailgate!

• High Five High Five x 6
  3. Alex1939

^
    lol!

edit: fwiw ive seen plenty of people talk crap to each other, but its usually a few words then stops..

this seriously went on for over 2 minutes (a long time all things considering). There were 100s of witnesses and people would walk near... then stop and be like "ok, i'll walk the other way from this" and go about their business. It was just kind of a surreal experience.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Middle Eastern from India...that's...interesting

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Alex1939

Whatever. Technically India is a country over from the "middle east" I'm friends with someone from India and two people had the same look,complexion that he does.. the other 2, eh, neither were "white". Both looked from the middle east in general to me. Not that I think the specifics matter, I just thought the whole ordeal seemed sadly stereotypical.

AND

Sorry TJ/Mods, I should know better. Please move to Taboo.

6. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I think this falls under a broader umbrella of drunken stadium antics and why so many people would rather stay at home and watch the game.

7. nickmsmith

I think the new stricter behavior policy is a great thing (though it has its abusers). The Titans fans are usually very nice, compared to other stadiums I've visited (Cleveland, Indy)
    I think there's nothing like actually seeing the real thing. But it seems like most would rather sit around and watch it in their living rooms. But when something great happens, you can't say you were a part of it.

The greatest game I've ever been to was Colts V. Steelers, where Vanderjagt missed it. Watching that on TV, it was just another good game, but the stories you can tell are worth the admission prices. Especially seeing how cheap Titans tickets are.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Being that I'm far from Nashville, all of the Titan fans I've ever encounter are usually so happy to see a fellow Titans fan they'd rather hug me than anything. I occasionally (rarely) will spot one, and I might go out of my way to meet them LOL. Even on the road driving, when I see Tennessee plates, I'll speed up to say "hey are you a Titans fan". Some are, and some speed off in fear LOL. Maybe they're Colts fans, IDK...

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Should have sent a text to that number reporting good old Ricky. Those people ruin it for everyone else.

10. nickmsmith

If they're from Tennessee, and not from Davidson Cty. (I think it is) They probably are Colts fans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar