Are we getting value?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanmc, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Your evidence says he supposedly offered some guys big money and those guys apparently like playing for less. Or that MR sucks at negotiations. Or he sucks at landing guys plain and simple.
    Whichever it may be, MR sucks at his job. Make all the excuses you want.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Once again, it will take a few seasons to truly determine just how good or bad MR is at GM.

What will you say if the Titans surprise and go 10-6 or better? Would you still say MR sucked and didn't know what he was doing?

3. Deuce Wayne

A few things need to happen:
    1. These unkowns drafted beyond the 1st round need to be impressive.
    2. The defense's secondary needs to be solid.
    3. If we do crap-out this season, and he sits on his arse once again for another off-season with plenty spending money he should be fired. But if he actually looks as if he is trying, I give him another year.
    Problem is, this season it looks like he hasn't even taken the job serious. As if it's part-time or something.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

It's possible, the last part you said. Especially considering the Packers VP rumors.

But if that's case, at least he didn't bankrupt our future knowing he would never be here to see his players out.

I easily think there could have been some draft "panic" at certain times. Probably bogey'd on the t. henry contract.

Still, things could work out very well for our Titans this year. And yeah, definately this season needs to play out, and MR needs one more offseason to be labeled a failure.

5. Deuce Wayne

I'm giving him time (if he stays here) to prove himself. I just call it as the game goes, and at the moment I'm disappointed. He's got time though.

6. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Well, it depends on a lot of different variables. If you define value as price/performance, really the biggest bang for buck performers are above.

I am by no means implying that we don't have good guys. I love KVB as much as the next fan, but let's face it his production last year didn't equal out to his paycheck. There are a lot of excuses why that didn't happen, but ultimately, players are defined by stats. (Please note I expect his stats to improve this year with some more help on the other DE position)

I also say that potential has a lot to do with it. Even at 7m per year for VY it could be a great bargain, considering a. he has a QB premium price tag, and b. he has almost unlimited potential.

The bottom two are grossly underpaid. I know that that is the price to pay when you are young in the NFL. Roos making < 1m per year? That's embarrassing to me. That guy is on the cusp of being a pro bowl LT for about the next decade or so.

Bell is again, another highly underpaid performers. The way he gets to the 2nd level is very good. He has very agile feet, and is a stud in the run game.

I guess that's about all I feel like writing about at this time. :grrhee:

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You call them excuses. I can them facts.

and its better than sitting there saying "duuuuhh Mike Sein...err...Reinfeldt sucks. Yuk Yuk Yuk"

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Clements, Stallworth, Johnson, Harper, Fowler, Moulds.

He isn't trying? What superstar stud would you sign that we didn't.

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Chris Henry will go a long way in helping or hurting, just like Griffen. Henry was the #10 rated RB at the time, and only two had been taken when he was selected. We still have coins in the bank, and no dominant RDE. The clock is ticking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar