Available Wideouts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

wow....just wow. I cant believe you just said that. Bryant is ok at best.

2. TWR#1

TWR#1 Guest

I think A.Bryant is a good WR too,and he's never really played with a established QB,since his Dallas days...

3. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

I guess I overreacted when I said he was OK at best, but I would be hesitant to call him a "good" receiver. IMO, Keyshawn Johnson right now is a good receiver, terry glenn is a good receiver, chris henry is a good receiver. Antonio Bryant doesnt fit the mold.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Whoever responded about my Keyshawn vs Caldwell thing:

Regardless of their stats. Caldwell draws more attention today because he's a threat to make a big play. Keyshawn is never a threat to make the big play. He'll just make 30 catches to get a single touchdown. Key's not a number one, and he wouldn't be even a number 2 IMO because he's only a possession receiver. That's #3 material. The first 2 guys need to be able to do things that tight-ends can't do.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Regardless of their stats? Did you just say that? Wow. Ok, then take them both off the table, and put that sprinter from Philly out there as our number one, since he's definitely a deep threat. Let's throw out experience and results, defenses are definitely going to be scared of someone with no NFL experience, but good speed as a deep threat.

He also does sometimes make big plays. Over the last three seasons he's had 30 plays of 20 yards or more.

Allright, back to reality. What do you want out of a #1? You want production, you want a guy that moves the chains. Look back at my arguments about about the production comparison in terms of yards, but you can also look at this... Out of 11 seasons, Johnson has only once gotten less than 40 1st downs, and that was a season where he missed 6 games. At that minimum level, that's almost 3 1st downs a game, every game, for a decade. Caldwell just had his first season ever with over 40 1st downs. It was also his first season ever with more than 20 1st downs. You would really want him over Johnson?

There's so much more to a WR and what they do to defenses than just the deep threat. Blocking, route running, it's about precision. Also, a number 1 on our team wouldn't need to be the deep threat, that's what we have all of the young guys for. Wasn't one of them one of the fastest WR in the draft? Surely one of the 7 young WR is fast enough to be a deep threat. We need consistency and production.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Interesting that Caldwell is such a threat to make a big play that New England signed 3 more receivers to sit in front of him.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Problem is, Johnson can't be a number 1 receiver. If he could, great. But he can't be.
    And the pats signing 3 receivers meant nothing after they signed the 3 in order that they did. Who knows where those moves came from. A team that uses mediocre players and makes them good wants 3 star receivers? I guess they were just tired of waiting for the team to finally implode.

8. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

we should just wait for the June cuts, remember there is always one last wave of good free agent before training camp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar